1580s in architecture
(Redirected from 1586 in architecture)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1570s . 1580s in architecture . 1590s|
|other events: 1580s . Architecture timeline|
- 1580 - Old City of Zamość, designed by Bernardo Morando, is established in Poland.
- 1580-8 - Wollaton Hall near Nottingham in England, probably designed by Robert Smythson, is built.
- c. 1582 - Dome and lantern of the church of Santa Maria di Loreto, Rome, completed by Giacomo del Duca.
- 1585 - Teatro Olimpico, Vicenza, designed by Palladio, and completed by Vincenzo Scamozzi, is opened.
- 1585 – Neubau in Strasbourg, begun in 1582, is inaugurated.
- 1586 – Golden Tea Room first recorded in use in Japan.
- 1587-8 - Fort Al Jalali at Muscat, Oman, is built by Portuguese naval captain Belchior Calaça.
- 1584 - Gian Paolo Lomazzo produces his treatise Trattato dell'arte della pittura, scoltura et architettura.
- 1585: Pietro Paolo Floriani, Italian architect and engineer (died 1638)
- 1587: Fabio Mangone, Italian architect (died 1629)
- 1587: Hans van Steenwinckel the Younger, Flemish/Danish architect (died 1639)
- 1580: August 19 - Andrea Palladio, Italian architect (born 1508)
- 1583: October 30 - Pirro Ligorio, Italian architect, painter, antiquarian and garden designer (born 1510)
- 1588: July 17 - Mimar Sinan, Ottoman architect (born 1489)
- "Our Lady of Humility Basilica". Pistoia: Santuario Basilica Madonna dell'Umiltà. 2005. Retrieved 2015-03-18.
- Whitman, Nathan T. (1970). "Roman Tradition and the Aedicular Façade". Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians. 29 (2): 108–123. doi:10.2307/988645.