1590s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1592 in architecture)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1580s . 1590s in architecture . 1600s|
|. Architecture timeline|
- 1590–1595 - Belvedere (fort) in Florence, Italy, designed by Bernardo Buontalenti, is constructed.
- 1590–1597 - Hardwick Hall in Derbyshire, England, designed by Robert Smythson, is constructed.
- 1592 - Church of Il Redentore on Giudecca in Venice, designed by Andrea Palladio, is consecrated.
- 1596? - Kasthamandap temple in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 1593–1597 - Rushton Triangular Lodge in Northamptonshire, England, is designed and constructed by Sir Thomas Tresham, symbolising his Catholic recusancy.
- 1599 - In Padua (Veneto), renovation begins on the Palazzo del Capitaniato arch and clock tower (expanded 1599-1605).
- Giovanni Antonio Rusconi's Della architettura is published posthumously in Venice.
- 1591: December 22 - Tommaso Dingli, Maltese architect (died 1666)
- 1596: November 1 - Pietro da Cortona, Italian baroque architect and painter (died 1669)
- 1599: September 25 - Francesco Borromini, Ticinese-born baroque architect (died 1667)
- 1592: April 13 - Bartolomeo Ammannati, Italian architect and sculptor (born 1511)
- 1595 - Antonio da Ponte, Swiss-born Venetian architect (born 1512)
- 1597: January 15 - Juan de Herrera, Spanish architect and geometrician (born 1530)
- (date unknown) - Girolamo Cassar, Maltese architect (born c.1520)