1640s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1646 in architecture)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1630s . 1640s in architecture . 1650s|
- The Taj Mahal in Agra, India, is under construction. The mosque and jawab in the complex are completed in 1643.
- 1645–1648 - Main structure of Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet, is built.
- 1647 - The Changdeokgung in Seoul, Korea, is reconstructed.
- 1648 - Jama Masjid, Agra, is built.
- 1642 - Giovanni Barbara, Maltese architect and military engineer (died 1728)
- c.1645 - William Winde, English gentleman architect (died 1722)
- 1645: December 27 - Giovanni Antonio Viscardi, Swiss baroque architect working in Bavaria (died 1713)
- 1646: April 16 - Jules Hardouin Mansart, French baroque architect (died 1708)
- 1647 - Henry Aldrich, English polymath and amateur architect (died 1710)
- 1648 - Pietro Perti, Ticinese architect and sculptor working in Lithuania (died 1714)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)|
- "Lincoln's Inn Fields: Nos. 59 and 60 (Lindsey House)". Survey of London: volume 3: St Giles-in-the-Fields, pt I: Lincoln's Inn Fields (1912), pp. 96-103. Retrieved 2015-03-17.