1650s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015)|
|1640s . 1650s in architecture . 1660s|
- 1650 - The Marian column in Prague is erected (destroyed 1918).
- 1651 - Collegiate Church of Saint Magdalena and Saint Stanisław in Poznań (Poland) is started (completed c.1701).
- 1652 - Church of the Resurrection, Kostroma.
- 1656 - The colonnade of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome is started by Gian Lorenzo Bernini.
- 1658 - Terraced houses at 52-55 Newington Green in London, perhaps by Thomas Pidcock, are completed.
- 1654: May 23 - Nicodemus Tessin the Younger, Swedish baroque architect (died 1728)
- 1655: July 7 - Christoph Dientzenhofer, Bavarian baroque architect (died 1722)
- 1656: July 20 - Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, Austrian baroque architect (died 1723)
- 1652: June 21 - Inigo Jones, English architect and theatrical designer (born 1573)
- 1655: July 15 - Girolamo Rainaldi, Italian architect (born 1570)