1927 AAA Championship Car season
|1927 AAA Championship Car season|
|AAA National Championship Trail|
|Start date||March 6|
|End date||October 12|
|National champion||Peter DePaolo|
|Indianapolis 500 winner||George Souders|
|Previous season||Next season|
The 1927 AAA Championship Car season consisted of 11 races, beginning in Culver City, California on March 6 and concluding in Salem, New Hampshire on October 12. There were also three non-championship races. The AAA National Champion was Peter DePaolo and the Indianapolis 500 winner was George Souders.
Schedule and results
All races running on Dirt/Brick/Board Oval.
- Indianapolis 500 was AAA-sanctioned and counted towards the AIACR World Manufacturers' Championship title.
- ^A Scheduled for 200 miles, stopped due to fire on track.
- ^B Extra race added after wreckage cleared and damaged track sections repaired.
Leading National Championship standings
- Åberg, Andreas. "AAA National Championship 1927". Driver Database. Archived from the original on 2011-04-24. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "1927 AAA National Championship Trail". ChampCarStats.com. Archived from the original on 2011-04-24. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Harms, Phil. "1927 Championship Driver Summary" (PDF). Motorsport.com. Archived from the original on 2011-04-24. Retrieved 2011-04-24.