1945 Army Cadets football team
|1945 Army Cadets football|
|Head coach||Earl Blaik|
|Home stadium||Michie Stadium|
The 1945 Army Cadets football team represented the United States Military Academy in the 1945 college football season. The Cadets were coached by Earl Blaik in his fifth year and finished the season undefeated with a record of nine wins and zero losses (9–0). The squad was also recognized as consensus national champions for the 1945 season. For the season, the Cadets' offense scored 412 points, while the defense allowed 46 points.
|September 29||Louisville AAF||Michie Stadium • West Point, NY||W 32–0|
|October 6||Wake Forest||Michie Stadium • West Point, NY||W 54–0|
|October 13||#9 Michigan||#1||Yankee Stadium • New York, NY||W 28–7|
|October 20||Melville PT Boats||#1||Michie Stadium • West Point, NY||W 55–13|
|October 27||#19 Duke||#1||Polo Grounds • New York, NY||W 48–13|
|November 3||Villanova||#1||Michie Stadium • West Point, NY||W 54–0|
|November 10||#2 Notre Dame||#1||Yankee Stadium • New York, NY (Rivalry)||W 48–0|
|November 17||at #6 Penn||#1||Franklin Field • Philadelphia, PA||W 61–0|
|December 1||vs. #2 Navy||#1||Philadelphia Municipal Stadium • Philadelphia, PA (Army–Navy Game)||W 32–13|
|Homecoming. #Rankings from AP Poll.|
Awards and honors
- Doc Blanchard, Heisman Trophy
- Doc Blanchard, Maxwell Award
- Doc Blanchard, James E. Sullivan Award
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). "Football Bowl Subdivision Records: Consensus National Champions" (PDF). 2012 NCAA Division I Football Records. NCAA.org. p. 72. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- DeLassus, David. "Army Yearly Results: 1945–1949". College Football Data Warehouse. Retrieved March 28, 2013.