1965 in Northern Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 14 January - Taoiseach Seán Lemass travels to Belfast for an historic meeting with the Prime Minister of Northern Ireland Terence O'Neill. First meeting of Prime Ministers in 43 years.
- 21 January - Nationalist leader Eddie McAteer visits Taoiseach Seán Lemass in Dublin.
- 18 March - The Northern Ireland Minister for Agriculture, Harry West attends a meeting with his Southern counterpart, Charles Haughey, in Dublin.
Arts and literature
- Winners: Derry City
January to June
- 6 January - Esmond Birnie, Ulster Unionist Party former MLA and author.
- 15 January - James Nesbitt, actor.
- 26 January - Seán Savage, member of the Provisional Irish Republican Army
- 10 February - Richard Orr, actor.
- 20 February - Miriam Mone, fashion designer (died 2007).
- 2 March - Lembit Öpik, UK Liberal Party MP.
- 3 May - Gary Mitchell, playwright.
- 7 May - Norman Whiteside, footballer.
- 30 May - Briana Corrigan, singer.
July to December
- 1 July - Jackie McKernan, discus thrower.
- 20 July - Andy Black, poker player.
- 24 July - Frank Mitchell, television presenter.
- 22 September - Andy Cairns, songwriter and musician.
- 10 November - Eddie Irvine, racecar driver.
- 16 December - Noel Magee, boxer.
Full date unknown
- Mark Carruthers, radio and television journalist.
- Joe Ferguson, radio presenter.
- Brian Irvine, composer.
- Edwin Poots, Democratic Unionist Party MLA.
- Paul Seawright, artist.
- Jim Shannon, Democratic Unionist Party MLA.