1978 in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1978 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- New excavations at Brahmagiri by Amalananda Ghosh.
- New excavations begin at Holyhead Mountain Hut Circles on Holy Island, Anglesey, off the coast of Wales.
- Lewis R. Binford - Nunamiut Ethnoarchaeology.
- Mounir Bouchenaki - Cités antiques d'Algérie.
- Richard A. Gould (ed.) - Explorations in Ethnoarchaeology.
- Keith Muckelroy - Maritime Archaeology.
- Paleontologist Björn Kurtén's short novel Dance of the Tiger, dealing with the interaction between Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals, is published in Sweden as Den Svarta Tigern.
- Theban Mapping Project is established.
- March 31 - 6,000 people march through Dublin to Wood Quay to protest against the building of civic offices on the Viking site.