2008 Australian Sports Sedan Series
The 2008 Kerrick Australian Sports Sedan series was the 18th running of a national series for Sports Sedans in Australia. It began on 17 May 2008 at Mallala Motor Sport Park and ended on 30 November at Sandown Raceway after fifteen races. The battle between Darren Hossack, driving the John Gourlay owned and still under development new Audi A4 and Tony Ricciardello and his family run team with their well sorted and multiple-championship winning Alfa Romeo Alfetta would go down to the final race of the season, with Hossack winning the race and the title. For Hossack it was the rare achievement of winning two Australian motor racing series in the same calendar year having previously won the 2008 Australian Superkart Championship.
Teams and drivers
The following drivers competed in the 2008 Australian Sports Sedan Series. The series will consist of fifteen races, at five race meetings, held in three states.
Results and Standings
The 2008 Australian Sports Sedan Series consisted of five rounds.
|Rd.||Race Title||Circuit||City / State||Date||Winner|
|1||Mallala||Mallala Motor Sport Park||Adelaide, South Australia||17–18 May||Luke Youlden|
|2||Phillip Island||Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit||Phillip Island, Victoria||14 - 15 Jun||Darren Hossack|
|3||Eastern Creek||Eastern Creek Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||12 - 13 Jul||Darren Hossack|
|4||Oran Park||Oran Park Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||30 - 31 Aug||Tony Ricciardello|
|5||Sandown||Sandown Raceway||Melbourne, Victoria||29 - 30 Nov||Tony Ricciardello|
Points were awarded 20-17-15-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 based on the top sixteen race positions in each race. There were two bonus points allocated for pole position. Pole Position is indicated in bold text.
- "National Australian Sports Sedan Association Events". Kerrick Sports Sedan Series. Archived from the original on 26 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- "2008 Kerrick Sports Sedan Progressive Pointscore". Kerrick Sports Sedan Series. Retrieved 2008-06-25.[dead link]
- "Mallala Motorsport Park 18/05/2008 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships - Round 3". National Software. 18 May 2008. Archived from the original on 18 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- "Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit 15/06/2008 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships 2008 - Round 4". National Software. 15 June 2008. Archived from the original on 18 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- "Eastern Creek International Raceway 13/07/2008 Shannons National Motor Racing Championship - Rnd 5". National Software. 13 July 2008. Archived from the original on 18 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- "Oran Park Raceway - Grand Prix Circuit 31/08/2008 Shannons Nationals". National Software. 31 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Sandown International Motor Raceway 30/11/2008 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships 2008 - Rd 10". National Software. 30 November 2008. Archived from the original on 6 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-30.