2012 Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen
|Race 22 of 36 in the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series|
|Date||August 12, 2012|
|Location||Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York|
Permanent racing facility|
2.45 mi (3.942 km)
|Distance||90 laps, 220.5 mi (354.86 km)|
|Weather||Overcast with a high temperature around 78°F; wind out of the WSW at 10 mph.|
|Driver||Earnhardt Ganassi Racing|
|Most laps led|
|Driver||Kyle Busch||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|No. 9||Marcos Ambrose||Richard Petty Motorsports|
|Television in the United States|
|Announcers||Allen Bestwick, Dale Jarrett and Andy Petree|
|Nielsen Ratings||4.449 million|
The 2012 Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen was a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stock car race held on August 12, 2012 at the Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York. Contested over 90 laps, it was the twenty-second race of the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season and the second of two road course competitions on the schedule. After the tragedy at the previous race, the track prepared in the event that thunderstorms pass through the track. The track had set up more than 30 police cars with loudspeakers, nine television screens, and the staff has text message availabilities, all intended on warning fans of any thunderstorms approaching. Marcos Ambrose, from the Richard Petty Motorsports racing team, won the race ahead of Brad Keselowski. Jimmie Johnson finished in the third position.
Watkins Glen International is one of two road courses to hold NASCAR races, the other being Sonoma Raceway. The standard short road course at Watkins Glen International is a 7-turn course that is 2.45 miles (3.94 km) long; the track was modified in 1992, adding the Inner Loop, which lengthened the long course to 3.4 miles (5.5 km) and the short course to the current length of 2.45 miles (3.94 km). Marcos Ambrose was the defending race winner after winning the race in 2011.
- Marcos Ambrose (Richard Petty Motorsports)
- Brad Keselowski (Penske Racing)
- Jimmie Johnson (Hendrick Motorsports)
- Clint Bowyer (Michael Waltrip Racing)
- Sam Hornish Jr. (Penske Racing)
- Greg Biffle (Roush-Fenway Racing)
- Kyle Busch (Joe Gibbs Racing)
- Matt Kenseth (Roush-Fenway Racing)
- Regan Smith (Furniture Row Racing)
- Martin Truex Jr. (Michael Waltrip Racing)
- Ryan Newman (Stewart-Haas Racing)
- Paul Menard (Richard Childress Racing)
- Kasey Kahne (Hendrick Motorsports)
- Carl Edwards (Roush-Fenway Racing)
- Kevin Harvick (Richard Childress Racing)
- Casey Mears (Germain Racing)
- Scott Speed (Leavine Family Racing)
- Aric Almirola* (Richard Petty Motorsports)
- Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas Racing)
- David Gilliland (Front Row Motorsports)
- Jeff Gordon (Hendrick Motorsports)
- David Ragan (Front Row Motorsports)
- Travis Kvapil (BK Racing)
- Landon Cassill (BK Racing)
- Boris Said (FAS Lane Racing)
- Stephen Leicht (Circle Sport)
- Bobby Labonte (JTG Daughtery Racing)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Hendrick Motorsports)
- Joe Nemechek (NEMCO)
- Kurt Busch (Phoenix Racing)
- Jeff Burton (Richard Childress Racing)
- Joey Logano (Joe Gibbs Racing)
- Juan Pablo Montoya (Earnhardt Ganassi Racing)
- Denny Hamlin (Joe Gibbs Racing)
- Jason Leffler (Robinson-Blakeney Racing)
- Dave Blaney (Tommy Baldwin Racing)
- Michael McDowell (Curb Racing)
- Josh Wise (Front Row Motorsports)
- Jamie McMurray (Earnhardt Ganssi Racing)
- JJ Yeley (Tommy Baldwin Racing)
- Chris Cook (Humphrey Smith Racing)
- Patrick Long (Inception Motorsports)
- Brian Vickers (Michael Waltrip Racing)
- "2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule". ESPN. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- Brown, Brian (August 8, 2012). "The Finger Lakes 355". RotoWorld.com. NBC Sports. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- Daily Preliminary Broadcast Cable Finals Broadcast Finals (2012-08-07). "Sunday Cable Ratings:'True Blood' Wins Night, 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'Falling Skies', 'Breaking Bad', 'Army Wives', 'Leverage'& More – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Watkins Glen, NASCAR ready for weather – Watkins Glen, NASCAR ready for weather : Auto-racing:". Idahostatejournal.com. 2012-08-03. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- White, Rea (5 August 2010). "Road course races challenge the specialists". Fox Sports. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "Watkins Glen". NASCAR. Turner Sports. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "Watkins Glen History". NASCAR. Turner Sports. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "2011 Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
2012 Pennsylvania 400
|Sprint Cup Series
2012 Pure Michigan 400