2012 Milan–San Remo
|2012 UCI World Tour, race 4 of 28|
Route of the 2012 Milan–San Remo
|Distance||298 km (185.2 mi)|
|Winning time||6h 59' 24"|
The 2012 Milan–San Remo was the 103rd running of the Milan–San Remo single-day cycling race. It was held on 17 March over a distance of 298 kilometres (185.2 miles) and was the fourth race of the 2012 UCI World Tour season.
The race was won by GreenEDGE rider Simon Gerrans, who was part of a three-man group that battled for the victory, in a sprint finish. Gerrans finished ahead of RadioShack–Nissan's Fabian Cancellara – the winner of the race in 2008 – and Liquigas–Cannondale's Vincenzo Nibali, who completed the podium.
As Milan–San Remo was a UCI World Tour event, all 18 UCI ProTeams were invited automatically and obligated to send a squad. Seven other squads were given wildcard places into the race, and as such, formed the event's 25-team peloton. Each team started with eight riders, making a starting peloton of 200.
The 25 teams that competed in the race were:
|1||Simon Gerrans (AUS)||GreenEDGE||6h 59' 24"|
|2||Fabian Cancellara (SUI)||RadioShack–Nissan||s.t.|
|3||Vincenzo Nibali (ITA)||Liquigas–Cannondale||s.t.|
|4||Peter Sagan (SVK)||Liquigas–Cannondale||+ 2"|
|5||John Degenkolb (GER)||Project 1t4i||+ 2"|
|6||Filippo Pozzato (ITA)||Farnese Vini–Selle Italia||+ 2"|
|7||Óscar Freire (ESP)||Team Katusha||+ 2"|
|8||Alessandro Ballan (ITA)||BMC Racing Team||+ 2"|
|9||Daniel Oss (ITA)||Liquigas–Cannondale||+ 2"|
|10||Daniele Bennati (ITA)||RadioShack–Nissan||+ 2"|
- Lowe, Felix (17 March 2012). "Glorious Gerrans wins Milan-San Remo". Yahoo! Eurosport. TF1 Group. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Order of Arrival" (PDF). Milan–San Remo. La Gazzetta dello Sport; RCS MediaGroup. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Westemeyer, Susan (17 March 2012). "Gerrans wins in Milan-San Remo". Cycling News. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "2012 Giro d'Italia wildcards named". Cycling News. Future Publishing Limited. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
Milan-San Remo: Acqua & Sapone, Colnago-CSF Inox, Colombia-Coldeportes, Farnese Vini-Selle Italia, Project 1t4I, Team Type 1 – Sanofi, Utensilnord Named.
- "Starters list" (PDF). Milan–San Remo. La Gazzetta dello Sport; RCS MediaGroup. Retrieved 17 March 2012.