2013 Australian Drivers' Championship
|2013 Australian Drivers' Championship|
The 2013 Formula 3 Australian Drivers' Championship was a CAMS sanctioned Australian motor racing title, the winner of which was awarded the 2013 CAMS Gold Star. It was the 57th Australian Drivers' Championship and the ninth to be contested with open wheel racing cars constructed in accordance with FIA Formula 3 regulations. The championship began on 29 March at the Mount Panorama Circuit and ended on 17 November at Sandown Raceway after seven rounds across five different states and territories. Formula 3 Management Pty Ltd was appointed by CAMS as the Category Manager for the Championship.
With nine victories and nine second places, Tim Macrow won his second Australian Drivers' Championship title by 32 points ahead of seven-time race winner John Magro, while Nick Foster rounded out the top three placings, with two race victories to his name. The only other race winners during the season were Nathan Morcom and James Winslow, who each won a race at the Mount Panorama round.
The championship was contested over a seven-round series.
|1||Mount Panorama Circuit||29–31 March||Two races||James Winslow||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz|
|2||Symmons Plains Raceway||5–7 April||Three races||Tim Macrow||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz|
|3||Hidden Valley Raceway||14–15 June||Three races||Nick Foster||Mygale M08 Mercedes-Benz|
|4||Sydney Motorsport Park||12–14 July||Three races||John Magro||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz|
|5||Queensland Raceway||2–4 August||Three races||Tim Macrow||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz|
|6||Phillip Island||20–22 September||Three races||John Magro||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz|
|7||Sandown Raceway||15–17 November||Three races||John Magro||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz|
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers contested the 2013 Australian Drivers' Championship.
|Team BRM||Gold Star||Dallara F307||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||1||James Winslow||1|
|Mygale M08||5||Nick Foster||All|
|R-Tek Motorsport||Gold Star||Dallara F307||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||6||Nathan Morcom||1–5|
|Jack Le Brocq||6|
|National||Dallara F304||Spiess-Opel||8||Todd Hazelwood||All|
|Astuti Motorsport||Gold Star||Dallara F307||Sodemo-Renault||11||Nick McBride||1|
|Gilmour Racing||National||Dallara F304||Spiess-Opel||16||Arrie Maree||All|
|Gold Star||Dallara F307||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||17||Ben Gersekowski||All|
|Tim Macrow Racing||Gold Star||Dallara F307||Spiess-Opel||25||Tim Macrow||1|
|Erebus Academy||Gold Star||Mygale M08||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||36||Jack Le Brocq||1–2|
|Harvest Motorsport||Gold Star||Mygale M08||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||46||Aiden Wright||6|
|AGI Sport||National||Dallara F304||Renault||66||Nathan Gotch||4|
|BF Racing||Gold Star||Dallara F308||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||93||Hayden Cooper||1–3|
Competing cars were nominated into one of three classes:
- Australian Formula 3 Championship – for automobiles constructed in accordance with the FIA Formula 3 regulations that applied in the year of manufacture between 1 January 2002 and 31 December 2011.
- National Class – for automobiles constructed in accordance with the FIA Formula 3 regulations that applied in the year of manufacture between 1 January 1999 and 31 December 2004.
- Invitational Class.
Outright championship points were awarded as follows:
- One point was awarded to the driver placed in the highest grid position for the first race at each round.
- 20–15–12–10–8–6–4–3–2–1 for the first ten finishing positions in each race of a round which comprised two races.
- 12–9–8–7–6–5–4–3–2–1 for the first ten finishing position in the first two races of a round which comprised three races.
- 20–15–12–10–8–6–4–3–2–1 basis for the first ten finishing position in the third race of a round which comprised three races.
- One point was awarded to the driver setting the fastest lap time in each race.
Points towards the National Class award were allocated on the same basis as used for the outright championship.
Australian Drivers' Championship
Race 2 at the Mount Panorama round was stopped due to rain after eight of the scheduled thirteen laps had been completed and half points were awarded.
The National Class award was won by Arrie Maree (247 points) from Todd Hazelwood (214.5), Jon Collins (192) and Nathan Gotch (24).
No drivers earned points in the Invitation Class at any round.
- "2013 Australian Formula 3 Championship – Sporting and Technical Regulations" (PDF). Australian Drivers' Championship. Confederation of Australian Motor Sport. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "2013 F3ADC Schedule Announced". F3 Management. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Latest Results, 2013 Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship". Australian Formula 3. Formula 3 Management Pty Ltd. Archived from the original on 10 January 2007. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Morcom Masters Bathurst Weather For Maiden Win". Australian Formula 3. Formula 3 Management Pty Ltd. 31 March 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2013.