2014 Australian Drivers' Championship
|2014 Australian Drivers' Championship|
The 2014 Australian Drivers' Championship was a CAMS sanctioned Australian motor racing title, the winner of which was awarded the 2014 CAMS Gold Star. It was the 58th Australian Drivers' Championship and the tenth to be contested with open wheel racing cars constructed in accordance with FIA Formula 3 regulations. The championship began on 27 February at the Adelaide Parklands Circuit and ended on 2 November at Sydney Motorsport Park after seven rounds across five different states and territories. Formula 3 Management Pty Ltd was appointed by CAMS as the Category Manager for the Championship. The championship was promoted as the 2014 Formula 3 Australian Drivers' Championship  with the winner awarded the 58th Australian Drivers' Championship  and the 14th Australian Formula 3 Championship.
The championship was contested over a seven-round series.
- The results for each round of the Championship were determined by the results of the final race at that round.
- The Kumho Cup was contested only at Rounds 2, 3 and 7.
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers contested the 2014 Australian Drivers' Championship.
|Team BRM||Gold Star||Dallara F307
|Mygale M11||4||Simon Hodge|
|R-Tek Motorsport||Gold Star||Dallara F307||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||7||Jon Collins|
|Kumho Cup||Dallara F304||Spiess-Opel||9|
|Gilmour Racing||Gold Star||Dallara F311||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||17||Ben Gersekowski|
|Garnet Patterson Racing||National||Dallara F307||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||29||Garnet Patterson|
|Chelsea Angelo Racing
Evans Motorsport Group
|National||Dallara F307||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||34||Chelsea Angelo|
|Harvest Motorsport||Gold Star||Mygale M11||HWA-Mercedes-Benz||46||Arrie Maree|
|AGI Sport||Kumho Cup||Dallara F304||Sodemo-Renault||66||Nathan Gotch|
|Modena Engineering||Kumho Cup||Dallara F304||Spiess-Opel||88||Dennie Rumble|
|Gold Star||Dallara F307||Mugen-Honda||92||Ricky Capo|
|Varney Racing||Kumho Cup||Dallara F304||Spiess-Opel||16||Blake Varney|
|Scott Motorsport||Kumho Cup||Dallara F304||Sodemo-Renault||89||Paul Scott Jr.|
Note: All chassis constructed between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2011 were required to be fitted with a HWA Mercedes-Benz series M271 ‘Australian control engine’.
Competing cars were nominated into one of four classes:
- Australian Formula 3 Championship – for automobiles constructed in accordance with the FIA Formula 3 regulations that applied in the year of manufacture between 1 January 2005 and 31 December 2011.
- National Class – for automobiles constructed in accordance with the FIA Formula 3 regulations that applied in the year of manufacture between 1 January 1999 and 31 December 2007.
- Kumho Cup Class – for automobiles constructed in accordance with the FIA Formula 3 regulations that applied in the year of manufacture between 1 January 1999 and 31 December 2004.
- Invitational Class.
Championship points were awarded in each class as follows:
- One point was awarded to the driver placed in the highest grid position in each class for the first race at each round.
- 20–15–12–10–8–6–4–3–2–1 for the first ten finishing positions in each class in each race of a round which comprised two races.
- 12–9–8–7–6–5–4–3–2–1 for the first ten finishing positions in each class in each of the first two races of a round which comprised three races.
- 20–15–12–10–8–6–4–3–2–1 basis for the first ten finishing positions in each class in the third race of a round which comprised three races.
- One point was awarded to the driver setting the fastest lap time in each class in each race.
|Position||Driver ||No.||Car ||Competitor / Team ||Points |
|1||Simon Hodge||4||Mygale M11 Mercedes-Benz||Team BRM||283|
|2||Ben Gersekowski||17||Dallara F311 Mercedes-Benz||McDonald's Gilmour Racing||248|
|3||Christopher Anthony||5||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz
Mygale M11 Mercedes-Benz
|4||Ricky Capo||92||Dallara F307 Mugen Honda||Modena / Bearing Logistics||112|
|5||Arrie Maree||46||Mygale M11 Mercedes-Benz||Harvest Motorsport / Forpark||67|
|6||John Magro||3||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz||Team BRM / FNQ Lager||40|
|7||Chris Gilmour||18||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz||McDonald's / Gilmour Racing||20|
|8||Jon Collins||7||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz||R-Tek Motorsport||20|
|9||James Winslow||6||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz||R-Tek Motorsport||19|
|Position||Driver||No.||Car||Competitor / Team||Points|
|1||Garnet Patterson||29||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz||Garnet Patterson Racing||245|
|2||Chelsea Angelo||34||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz||Ozstaff Racing||204|
|3||Roland Legge||7||Dallara F307 Mercedes-Benz||R-Tek Motorsport||58|
|Position||Driver ||No.||Car||Competitor / Team||Points |
|1||Roland Legge||9||Dallara F304 Spiess Opel||R-Tek Motorsport||110|
|2||Nathan Gotch||66||Dallara F304 Renault Sodemo||AGI Sport||99|
|3||Dennie Rumble||88||Dallara F304 Spiess Opel||Alpine Motorsport||41|
- 2014 Championship Schedule, www.formula3.com.au, as archived at www.webcitation.org on 5 November 2014
- 2014 Australian Formula 3 Championship - Sporting and Technical Regulations, docs.cams.com.au, as archived at www.webcitation.org on 5 November 2013
- Formula 3 in Australia, formula3.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org
- Titles - Australian Drivers’ Championship – CAMS Gold Star, docs.cams.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org
- Australian Titles, docs.cams.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org
- Latest Results, 2014 2014 Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, www.formula3.com.au, as archived at www.webcitation.org on 5 November 2014
- Natsoft Race Results, racing.natsoft.com.au Retrieved on 6 November 25014
- It's an amazing feeling' - Hodge ends 2014 on top, www.formula3.com.au, as archived at www.webcitation.org on 6 November 2014