|3BallMTY (Tribal Monterrey)|
3ballMTY live at Mexico City.
|Also known as||Tribal Monterrey|
|Genres||Tribal-Guarachero, Latin House|
|Years active||2009– present|
|Labels||Universal Music, Latin Power Music, Penca Records|
|Members||Erick Rincon, Sergio Zavala, Alberto Presenda|
3BallMTY (pronounced "Tribal Monterrey") is a Mexican pop DJ trio from San Nicolas de los Garza, Mexico. The "DJ Collective" (the name its members have formally given themselves) was formed in 2009 by three teenage DJs - Erick Rincon, Sergio Zavala (DJ Sheeqo Beat), and Alberto Presenda (DJ Otto). The name "3Ball" comes from the Spanish word "tribal", which refers to the culture of Guaracha tribal music popular in many Spanish-speaking countries around the world.
Early life and career
In August 2009, teenage Monterrey disc jockey Erick Rincon joined up with fellow DJs Sergio Zavala and Alberto Presenda. Quite fitting to their synthy, techno-inspired sound, the three DJs met through the Internet. The trio had a vision of combining two fundamental facets of the music industry - production and performance. Rincon has cited Between 2009 and 2010, the group became known as 3BallMTY, and set out to lay a new foundation for "latino electronica", which 3Ball has 
In December 2010, they were invited to the Worldtronics festival being held in Germany. It was the first time the group traveled outside Mexico. In 2011, the group signed a record contract with label Latin Power Music, a division of Universal Music. On December 6, they released their debut album, Intentalo, which features collaborations with artists such as Smoky, America Sierra, El Bebeto, Morenito, Favela, Milkman and Horacio Palencia.
3Ball MTY rose to prominence in 2012 when their single "Inténtalo", taken from the album of the same name, featuring El Bebeto and America Sierra reached No.1 on the Billboard Latin Songs chart for two non-consecutive weeks. The song was performed live by the group at the 2012 ceremony of the Billboard Latin Music Awards.
On February 4, 2012, they began their first tour of Mexico.
In 2013, they released a new single "Quiero Bailar (All Through the Night)" featuring Becky G. It premiered on September 10, 2013 on Univision. It is featured on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Need for Speed Rivals.
- "3BALLMTY signs to UNIVERSAL MUSIC". Latin Power Music. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Reed Johnson (2013-03-04). "Monterrey's 3BALLMTY gives electronic dance some new rhythms". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Intentalo by tribal monterrey ." iTunes. Apple, Inc. Retrieved on May 6, 2012.
- "3BALLMTY Encenderá los Premios Billboard Latinos 2012". Latin Music Power. Retrieved on May 6, 2012.
- "Stars Continue To Line Up For The 2012 Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented By State Farm April 26 At 7ET/6CT On Telemundo From Miami, Florida". Hispanic Business. Retrieved on May 6, 2012.