96five Family FM
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Broadcast area||South-East Queensland|
|Slogan||Family's Number One
Music That Matters
|Frequency||96.5 MHz FM|
|First air date||November 1, 2001|
|Callsign meaning||4 = Queensland
|Owner||Family Radio Ltd|
|Sister stations||96five Digital|
96five (call sign: 4FRB) is a community broadcast radio station operated by Family Radio Ltd in Brisbane, Australia. The radio stations continued operation is supported by sponsorship, fundraising and pledges. A separate program output is aired on the stations DAB+ Digital Radio channel called "96five Digital".
Family FM (identified on-air as 96five) describes itself as being a "family-friendly broadcaster", with programming content that is suitable for all ages. It is similar to radio stations in Melbourne Light FM and Sydney's Hope 103.2.
The stations music playlist, consists of both contemporary Christian artists, and also mainstream artists. The station guarantees that listeners will hear no bad language or questionable content.
It also features numerous family segments and positive messages from family and ministry figures, that air each hour. A number of specialist programs such as Focus on the Family and Talking Life that deal with Christian, Mental Health and Family issues also air.
The station also conducts regular Outside Broadcasts at various events and locations, including primary schools and at feature community events.
6:00am – 9:00am: A Good Morning with Ken, Nicky & Steve
9:00am – 12:00pm: Ilija Dugandzic
12:00pm – 3:00pm: Pete Hill
3:00pm – 6:00pm: The Back Seat Drivers with Luke & Susie
6:00pm – 7:00pm: 7 News Queensland simulcast
The station's transmission facilities are located at a shared broadcast facility on Mt. Coot-tha.
||This section contains embedded lists that may be better presented using prose. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The radio station organises and liaises with a number of community outreach programs and initiatives through its ministry.
- SOS Calls - The breakfast show assists an individual or family in need.
- Street Machines - Promotional vehicles loaded up with prizes.
- School Excursions - The breakfast team broadcast live from a primary school, with a visit from the 7 News chopper and personality.
- Cool Choices - A program designed for High School Students to teach them about making positive life choices.
- Free Food Appeal - An initiative that provides an organisation or family with a free amount of donated food.
- Elevation CDs - The station creates a CD of positive music, gathered from its playlists. These are occasionally handed out for free, as part of other initiatives.