||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||1926 by Mr. Andrew Thomas Kearney|
Chicago, United States
Number of locations
|61 offices in more than 40 countries|
|Johan Aurik, Managing Officer and Chairman of the Board|
|Services||Management consulting services|
|Revenue||$1,1 billion (est. 2014)|
Number of employees
|3,500 (2,300 consultants)|
|Slogan||Immediate Impact, Growing Advantage.|
A.T. Kearney is a global management consulting firm that focuses on strategic and operational CEO-agenda issues facing businesses, governments and institutions around the globe. As of April 2016, A.T. Kearney maintains offices in 40 countries.
A.T. Kearney's industry specialties include aerospace and defense, automotive, chemicals, communications media and technology, consumer products and retail, financial institutions, healthcare, metals and mining, oil and gas, private equity, public sector, transportation, and infrastructure and utilities. Major service lines are in strategy, analytics, mergers and acquisitions, innovation, operations, technology strategy, organization and transformation, marketing and sales, procurement, and sustainability.
The origins of the firm begin with the founding of McKinsey in 1926 in Chicago by James McKinsey under the name James O. McKinsey & Company. James McKinsey hired Andrew Thomas Kearney in 1929 as the firm's first partner. When McKinsey died in 1937, Kearney was the managing partner of the Chicago office. As suggested by the New York-based partners, the Chicago office split from the rest of company in 1939. In 1947, it was renamed A.T. Kearney and Company.
As of April 2016, A.T. Kearney operates 62 offices in 40 countries.
Global Business Policy Council
The Global Business Policy Council was founded in 1992 by Paul Laudicina as part of A.T. Kearney. Membership is invitation-only and the symposium is closed-door. Members reportedly include academic, corporate, and government thought leaders, who meet annually to discuss issues that affect the worldwide business climate. The Global Business Policy Council publishes two annual reports: the Global Services Location Index and the Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index, which aims to identify the countries that companies plan to invest in over the coming years.
Awards and recognition
A.T. Kearney has consistently ranked among the top management consulting firms globally. The firm has been listed in Consulting magazine's "Best Firms to Work For" list seven times in eight years. The firm is a perennial on the Vault Guide's ranking of the most prestigious firms to work for. Working Mother magazine also ranks A.T. Kearney in its "Best Companies" list.
In 2012, the career review site Glassdoor ranked A.T. Kearney as the 4th most difficult company to interview with. A.T. Kearney's recruiting process involves multiple rounds of individual case, written case and experience-based interviews.
- "Who We Are". A.T. Kearney. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "Industries". A.T. Kearney. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "Services". A.T. Kearney. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "McKinsey & Company on Forbes' America's Largest Private Companies list". Forbes. November 3, 2010. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- L. Urwick, O.B.E., M.C., Ma., F.I.I.A. "History of Consulting. Retrieved". The Elements of Administration. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "The A.T. Kearney Story". A.T. Kearney. December 2014. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- Dobrzynski, Judith H. (May 31, 1995). "E.D.S. Resumes Purchase Talks With Kearney". The New York Times.
- Ruiz, Rebecca (May 5, 2008). "How CEOs Stay On Top Of Their Game". Forbes. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "A.T. Kearney's Global Business Policy Council Holds Annual CEO Retreat in Morocco Under Patronage of King Mohammed VI" (Press release). A.T. Kearney. PR Newswire. July 2, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- Keeler, Dan (April 30, 2015). "Firms Focus on Frontier Opportunities, Study Shows". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- Kornik, Joseph (September 14, 2015). "The 2015 Best Firms to Work For: A.T. Kearney". Consulting Magazine. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- Stott, Phil (August 20, 2013). "Vault's 2014 Consulting Rankings are Here!" Vault Blogs. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Best Companies: A.T. Kearney" (September 3, 2013). Working Mother. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- Giang, Vivian (July 27, 2012). "The 25 Hardest Companies For Job Interviews." Business Insider. Retrieved November 15, 2015.