|Founder||Andrew Thomas Kearney|
Chicago, United States
Number of locations
|60 offices in more than 40 countries |
|Alex Liu (Chairman and Managing Officer)|
|Services||Management consulting services|
|Revenue||$1.1 billion (est. 2014)|
Number of employees
|3,500 (2,300 consultants)|
A.T. Kearney is an American global management consulting firm that focuses on strategic and operational CEO-agenda issues facing businesses, governments and institutions around the globe. As of December 2016, A.T. Kearney maintains offices in 40 countries.
A.T. Kearney's industry specialties include aerospace and defense, automotive, chemicals, communications media and technology, consumer products and retail, financial institutions, healthcare, metals and mining, oil and gas, private equity, public sector, transportation, and infrastructure and utilities. Major service lines are in strategy, analytics, mergers and acquisitions, innovation, operations, technology strategy, organization and transformation, marketing and sales, procurement, and sustainability.
The origins of the firm begin with the founding of McKinsey in 1926 in Chicago by James McKinsey under the name James O. McKinsey & Company. James McKinsey hired Andrew Thomas Kearney in 1929 as the firm's first partner. When McKinsey died in 1937, Kearney was the managing partner of the Chicago office. As suggested by the New York-based partners, the Chicago office split from the rest of company in 1939. In 1947, it was renamed A.T. Kearney and Company.
Global Business Policy Council
The Global Business Policy Council was founded in 1992 by Paul Laudicina as part of A.T. Kearney. Membership is by invitation-only. Members reportedly include academic, corporate, and government thought leaders, who meet at the annual CEO Retreat to discuss issues that affect the worldwide business climate. The Council publishes research and analysis throughout the year that offers unique, forward-looking perspectives on key issues, helping global business leaders make better-informed decisions in an increasingly complex world.
Awards and recognition
A.T. Kearney has consistently ranked among the top management consulting firms globally. The firm has been listed in Consulting magazine's "Best Firms to Work For" list seven times in eight years. The firm is a perennial on the Vault Guide's ranking of the most prestigious firms to work for. Working Mother magazine also ranks A.T. Kearney in its "Best Companies" list.
In 2015, 2016 & 2017 A.T. Kearney was awarded the Excellence in Social & Community Investment award by the 'Consulting Magazine'. The same magazine has recognized A.T. Kearney partners for the past seven years as one of the 'Top 25 Consultants', globally.
Besides achievements of professional excellence, A.T. Kearney has been recognized for its supportive and collegial culture, inclusive programs and networks, and diverse talent. Since 2015, the firm has been recognized as one of the "Best places to work for LGBT Equality' every year. Working Mother Magazine has not only recognized A.T. Kearney as one of the 'Top 100 Firms for Working Families and Women', but also awarded 5 of our many working mothers as 'Working Mothers of the Year' since 2013.
In 2012, the career review site Glassdoor ranked A.T. Kearney as the 4th most difficult company to interview with. A.T. Kearney's recruiting process involves multiple rounds of individual case, written case and experience-based interviews.
- "Who We Are". A.T. Kearney. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- "Industries". A.T. Kearney. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "Services". A.T. Kearney. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "McKinsey & Company on Forbes' America's Largest Private Companies list". Forbes. November 3, 2010. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- L. Urwick, O.B.E., M.C., Ma., F.I.I.A. "History of Consulting. Retrieved". The Elements of Administration. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "The A.T. Kearney Story". A.T. Kearney. December 2014. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- Dobrzynski, Judith H. (May 31, 1995). "E.D.S. Resumes Purchase Talks With Kearney". The New York Times.
- Verhage, Julie (April 12, 2017). "These Are the Highest-Paying Companies in America". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- Ruiz, Rebecca (May 5, 2008). "How CEOs Stay On Top Of Their Game". Forbes. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "A.T. Kearney's Global Business Policy Council Holds Annual CEO Retreat in Morocco Under Patronage of King Mohammed VI" (Press release). A.T. Kearney. PR Newswire. July 2, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- Kornik, Joseph (September 14, 2015). "The 2015 Best Firms to Work For: A.T. Kearney". Consulting Magazine. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- Stott, Phil (August 20, 2013). "Vault's 2014 Consulting Rankings are Here!" Vault Blogs. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Best Companies: A.T. Kearney" (September 3, 2013). Working Mother. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- Giang, Vivian (July 27, 2012). "The 25 Hardest Companies For Job Interviews." Business Insider. Retrieved November 15, 2015.