A Midsummer Night's Dream (2016 film)
A Midsummer Night's Dream is a 2016 British television film based on the William Shakespeare play A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was adapted by Russell T Davies, directed by David Kerr and produced by Nikki Wilson. It stars Maxine Peake as Titania, Matt Lucas as Bottom, John Hannah as Theseus and Nonso Anozie as Oberon. The film was first broadcast on 30 May 2016 on BBC One.
- Maxine Peake as Titania
- Nonso Anozie as Oberon
- Matt Lucas as Bottom
- John Hannah as Theseus
- Eleanor Matsuura as Hippolyta
- Hiran Abeysekera as Puck
- Prisca Bakare as Hermia
- Kate Kennedy as Helena
- Matthew Tennyson as Lysander
- Paapa Essiedu as Demetrius
- Elaine Paige as Mistress Quince
- Richard Wilson as Starveling
- Bernard Cribbins as Snout
- Javone Prince as Snug
- Fisayo Akinade as Flute
- Colin McFarlane as Egeus
- Elliot Levey as Philostrate
- Charlotte Dylan as Cobweb
- Varada Sethu as Peaseblossom
- Tia Benbow-Hart as Moth
- Marlene Madenge as Mustardseed
- Bullock, Andrew (31 May 2016). "Viewers delighted by gay scenes in Russell T Davies version of A Midsummer Night's Dream". The Express. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Denham, Jess (6 May 2016). "Russell T Davies defends adding lesbian kiss to the BBC's A Midsummer Night's Dream: 'It's 2016'". The Independent. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Dowling, Tim (31 May 2016). "A Midsummer Night's Dream review: Doctor Who-ish but rather good". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- O'Donovan, Gerard (30 May 2016). "A Midsummer Night's Dream (BBC One): Russell T Davies made Shakespeare engaging, fresh and funny: review". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
|This article related to a TV movie of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|