A Night like This (song)
|"A Night like This"|
|Single by Caro Emerald|
|from the album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor|
|Released||18 December 2009(The Netherlands)|
|Writer(s)||David Schreurs, Vince Degiorgio, Jan van Wieringen|
|Producer(s)||David Schreurs, Jan van Wieringen|
|Caro Emerald singles chronology|
"A Night like This" is the second single by Caro Emerald, taken from the album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor. It was released on 11 December 2009 in the Netherlands after it was first presented in an online Martini commercial on 16 October. Being released in 2010 in Europe, including the UK where it peaked at Number 65 in the UK Singles Chart. It was added to the 'A' list on BBC Radio One.
Writing and recording
Schreurs told HitQuarters he created the track for "A Night like This" while Degiorgio packed his bags to leave for his hometown Toronto, and then the two "sat down for an hour and knocked out the song". The lyrics are based on a specific scene in the 1967 Bond movie Casino Royale. "A Night Like This" was arranged by David Schreurs and produced by Schreurs and Jan van Wieringen. A video for the song was shot in Amsterdam and Opatija, Lovran and Rijeka in Croatia.
The song has been used in the sixth episode of season 3 of Pretty Little Liars, "Remains of the A" and episode 16 of The Secret Circle, "Lucky". In season one of the TV series Go On, it was used as the opening theme in one of the episodes. The song has also been used in advertising campaigns for Martini, Wrigley, Nestlé amongst others.
- A Night like This – EP
- "A Night like This" – 3:46
- "A Night like This" (instrumental) – 3:46
- "A Night like This" (a cappella) – 3:36
- "Back It Up" (feat. Madcon) – 3:51
- A Night like This – Single (Tom Trago remix)
- "A Night like This" (Tom Trago remix) – 3:51
Charts and certifications
- "News". Caro Emerald – Official website. Archived from the original on July 3, 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Q&A on Caro Emerald with David Schreurs". HitQuarters. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "A Night Like This – EP van Caro Emerald". iTunes (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 18 January 2010. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "A Night like This – Single (Tom Trago remix) van Caro Emerald". iTunes (in Dutch). Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Caro Emerald search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Caro Emerald – A Night Like This" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Listy bestsellerów, wyróżnienia :: Związek Producentów Audio-Video". Polish Airplay Top 100.
- "Austriancharts.at – Caro+Emerald – A Night Like This" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Caro Emerald – A Night Like This". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- German Airplay Chart, Retrieved on 2011-06-03
- "FIMI - Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana - Classifiche". Fimi.it. 2011-04-17. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- Romanian Top 100
- "Caro Emerald: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-06-04" UK Indie Chart.
- "dutchcharts.nl – Dutch charts portal". dutchcharts.nl (in Dutch). Hung Medien / hitparade.ch. Archived from the original on 22 November 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Ö3 Austria Top40 - Single Charts 2011". oe3.ORF.at. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- ":: MTV | Single Jahrescharts 2011 | charts". Mtv.de. 2011-12-31. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "SCHWEIZER JAHRESHITPARADE 2011". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- "Austrian single certifications – Caro Emerald – A Night like This" (in German). IFPI Austria. Enter Caro Emerald in the field Interpret. Enter A Night like This in the field Titel. Select single in the field Format. Click Suchen
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Caro Emerald; 'A Night like This')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Italian single certifications – Caro Emerald – A Night like This" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Select Online in the field Sezione. Enter Caro Emerald in the field Filtra. The certification will load automatically
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Caro Emerald; 'A Night like This')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.