A Suitable Girl
A Suitable Girl is an upcoming novel by Vikram Seth, which is a sequel to his 1993 book A Suitable Boy. Seth has stated that the book will be set in the present, rather than in 1952 where A Suitable Boy finished, and will therefore be what Seth calls a "jump sequel". After Seth missed a deadline to submit the manuscript to Penguin Publisher in June 2013, it was announced that it would be published in autumn of 2016 by Orion Publishers, who had published A Suitable Boy. In May 2015, it was reported that Seth was hoping to finish writing the book in 2016, for publication in 2017. Seth explained that he had missed the Penguin deadline due to suffering from writer's block as a result of the failure of his relationship with Philippe Honoré.
- "Seth writing Suitable Boy sequel". BBC News. 2 July 2009. Retrieved 13 December 2009.
- Flood, Alison (3 July 2009). "Vikram Seth writes Suitable Boy sequel". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 December 2009.
- Armitstead, Claire (10 July 2013). "Vikram Seth in trouble over uncompleted Suitable Boy sequel". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 Nov 2013.
- Burly, Liz (13 Sep 2013). "Vikram Seth finds a suitable publisher". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 Nov 2013.
- "Vikram Seth: Breakup with long-term partner delayed sequel to 'A Suitable Boy'". First Post. 3 May 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
|This article about a 2000s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.