|Born||28 August 1996|
Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
Aanchal Thakur (Hindi: आँचल ठाकुर, Born - 28 August 1996) is an Indian female alpine skier. She represented India at the 2012 Winter Youth Olympics that took place in Innsbruck. In the 2012 Youth Winter Olympics she took part in the Alpine skiing - Girl's Slalom and Girl's Giant Slalom events.
In 2018, Aanchal Thakur created history after becoming the first Indian skier ever to claim a medal in the international skiing event. She won the bronze medal in the 2018 Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup which was held in Turkey and was organised by the Federation Internationale de Ski.
Coming from a family of Skiers, Aanchal looks forward to follow in the footsteps of her older brother Himanshu, India's top male skier who made his Olympic debut at the 2014 Sochi Games. Her father is the Secretary of the Winter Games Federation of India (WGFI). Aanchal aims to bring gold home
Her success in Turkey promises to dramatically raise the profile of skiing in India.
- "THAKUR Aanchal - Biographie". data.fis-ski.com. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Aanchal THAKUR - Olympic Alpine Skiing | India". International Olympic Committee. 2016-06-26. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Innsbruck 2012 News". International Olympic Committee. 2017-01-24. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- Sharmai, Suresh (16 February 2017). "India to send 15-member ski team to Asian Winter Games". The Times of India. Mumbai, India. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- "Manali Girl Aanchal Thakur Brings Home India's First Skiing Medal; Father Asks for Govt Support". News18. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Aanchal Thakur becomes first Indian to win an international medal in skiing". The Indian Express. 2018-01-10. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Aanchal Thakur creates history by winning India's first medal in an international skiing competition - Firstpost". www.firstpost.com. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Aanchal Thakur gives India its 1st international medal in skiing - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "India joy over first skiing medallist". BBC News. 2018. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- NDTVSports.com. "Aanchal Thakur Becomes First Indian To Win International Medal In Skiing – NDTV Sports". NDTVSports.com. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "List of firsts in India". MCQs Point. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|