|Member of the Kansas House of Representatives
from the 99th district
|Preceded by||Ty Masterson|
|Succeeded by||Dennis Hedke|
|Alma mater||University of Kansas
Washburn University School of Law
Aaron Jack, full name Daniel Aaron Jack, is an American businessman and former politician.
Jack received his bachelor's degree from the University of Kansas, his master's degree in business administration from Friends University, and finally his law degree from the Washburn University School of Law. Aaron has been in the financial services industry since 1998. Aaron's education relating to his brokerage qualifications include the Series 6, 63, and 65 licenses.
Jack served as a Republican member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the 99th district from 2009 until 2010. In 2011, Jack was appointed Kansas Securities Commissioner serving until February 2013, when he resigned. According to The Topeka Capital-Journal the resignation came with the choice of "resign or be fired" but Jack stated that he was "ready to get back to a private-sector career."
As Securities Commissioner Jack sought to be tough on crime by proposing a litigation fund which would provide more money for securities fraud prosecutions.
In May 2012, Jack was one of only six people to represent the United States at the G-20Y Financial Summit in Mexico CIty, Mexico. That same year he was selected and participated in Leadership Kansas' Class of 2012.
Jack is an investment adviser representative through AWM Asset Management, LLC and a registered representative through United Planners, LLC. Aaron has had no legal orders since becoming insurance licensed in 1999. Jack has also had no disclosure events related to his securities practice.
- Federal and State Affairs
The top 5 donors to Jack's 2008 campaign:
- Jack, Daniel Aaron $20,000
- Jack, Aaron $2,000
- Koch Industries $1,000
- Kansas Medical Society $750
- Kansas Chamber of Commerce $500
- Kansas Securities Commissioner Aaron Jack and General Counsel Jeff Kruske Speak to Students
- Kansas Legislators Past and Present-Aaron Jack Archived October 17, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Former Kan securities chief: Crash of a political career
- "How former Kansas securities chief Aaron Jack's career and political ambitions unraveled". Wichita Business Journal. May 8, 2013. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-03-07. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-01. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- https://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov/IAPD/Content/ViewIndvl/IAPD_IndvlSummary.aspx?SearchGroup=Individual&FirmKey=-1&IndvlKey=3069480&Indvl_PK=3069480[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-08. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions