Abdennour Chérif El-Ouazzani
|Full name||Si-Abdennour Chérif El-Ouazzani|
|Date of birth||March 18, 1986|
|Place of birth||Oran, Algeria|
|CA Bordj Bou Arréridj|
|2011–||CA Bordj Bou Arréridj||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 13 September 2011 (UTC).
Abdennour Chérif El-Ouazzani began his career as a youngster at MC Oran, where he was coached by his older brother, the former Algerian international Tahar Chérif El-Ouazzani, whom he names as his favourite player. He made his senior debut at the age of 18, playing a quarter of an hour as a substitute in a 1–0 win in the Algerian Cup against USM Alger. JS Kabylie, then Algerian First Division champions, attempted to sign Cherif El Ouazzani in the January 2009 transfer window, but his club refused to sell, considering the player to be a key part of their promotion drive. His performances during the 2008–09 season alongside Abdelmadjid Benatia in defensive midfield made a significant contribution to his club gaining promotion back to the first division.
With promotion achieved, Abdennour Chérif El-Ouazzani was free to leave MC Oran. He signed a two-year contract with JS Kabylie, 2008–09 First Division runners-up, for a total fee of 7.5 million DA (£63,000), of which 4.5 million DA (£38,000) was paid in cash. Despite having received several other offers, the player stated that JSK were a big club that you didn't say no to, who would give him the chance to win titles, to play in the CAF Champions League and give another dimension to his career. The player made his debut for JSK in the opening game of the season, playing the full 90 minutes of a 1–0 defeat against CA Bordj Bou Arreridj.
Abdennour Chérif El-Ouazzani has seven brothers and two sisters. In a 2009 interview, he said that he intended to become a physical trainer after he finished playing, and that in his spare time he enjoyed going fishing with his brothers.
- A.H. (2009-08-26). "JSK-MCO: match spécial pour Chérif El-Ouazzani..." [JS Kabylie-MC Oran: a special match for Chérif El-Ouazzani...]. Compétition.dz (in French). Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Achour Aït Ali (2009-07-22). "Cherif El Ouazzani : "Mon idole ? Si Tahar !"" [Chérif El-Ouazzani : "My idol? Si Tahar!"]. Le Buteur (in French). Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Lyès Aouiche (2009-06-06). "Cherif El Ouzzani pour 750 millions à la JSK" [Cherif El Ouazzani to JSK for 750 million (dinars)]. Le Buteur (in French). Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- Seïf-Eddine R (2009-03-18). "Cherif-Benatia ou le "plan anti-Hamia"" [Cherif-Benatia or the "anti-Hamia plan"] (PDF). Le Carrefour d'Algérie (in French). Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- José Batalha (2009-08-12). "Algeria 2008/09". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation (RSSSF). Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Conversions at rate current on date of player transfer, June 6, 2009, using "Currency Converter for 164 Currencies". OANDA.com. Retrieved 2009-09-10..
- S. Klari (2009-06-06). "Transferts Cherif El Ouazzani a signé jeudi pour deux ans chez les Canaris" [Transfers: Cherif El Ouazzani signed a two-year deal with the Canaris on Thursday]. La Dépêche de Kabylie (in French). Retrieved 2009-09-09.
La JSK est un grand club qui ne se refuse pas ... La JSK va me permettre de progresser de gagner des titres et de donner une autre dimension à ma carrière. (JSK are a big club you don't turn down ... JSK will let me progress to win titles and give another dimension to my career.)
- "Bordj Bou Arreridj vs. Kabylie". Soccerway. Retrieved 2009-09-09.