|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)|
|Genres||Death metal, death/doom|
|Years active||1989–1990, 2012–present|
|Labels||Seraphic Decay Records|
|Members||Jussi 'Juice' Ahlroth
Mika 'Arkki' Arnkil
|Past members||Kimmo Heikkinen|
Abhorrence is a Finnish death metal band originally formed in 1989.
Abhorrence was formed in early 1989 by guitarists Tomi Koivusaari (of Violent Solution) and Kalle Mattsson, vocalist Jukka Kolehmainen and bassist Jussi Ahlroth (who had played in a band called Disaster), as well as drummer Kimmo Heikkinen. For some time they played under several different names until settling on Abhorrence, playing dozens of concerts alongside bands like Xysma and Funebre. After recording and releasing one demo tape, titled Vulgar Necrolatry, they released a 7" EP on Seraphic Decay Records. Without a written contract of any kind, the band lost all of the master tapes and possible future revenues.
After several more gigs around Finland, a short visit to Norway (one gig and a party/sleepover at black metal band Mayhem's house) with their second drummer Mika Arnkil (on leave from Antidote), the band broke up in 1990, but reunited in 2012. Koivusaari went on to play in Amorphis.
- Jussi 'Juice' Ahlroth – bass (2012–present)
- Tomi Koivusaari – guitar (2012–present)
- Jukka Kolehmainen – vocals (2012–present)
- Kalle Mattsson – guitar (2012–present)
- Mika 'Arkki' Arnkil – drums (1990, 2012–present)
- Kimmo Heikkinen – drums (1989–1990)
- Vulgar Necrolatry (demo, 1989)
- Abhorrence 7" (EP, 1990)
- Completely Vulgar (CD/2LP, compilation, Svart Records 2012)
Both releases are available for download on the band's website. Additionally, some rehearsal tapes and live footage are still making the rounds.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abhorrence.|
- Abhorrence discography at MusicBrainz
- Abhorrence at Discogs.com
- Abhorrence - Death metal from finland, official homepage