Abrams Municipal Airport
|Abrams Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Grand Ledge|
|Serves||Grand Ledge, Michigan|
|Elevation AMSL||842 ft / 257 m|
Abrams Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 4D0) is a city-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) north of the central business district of Grand Ledge, a city in Clinton County, Michigan, United States. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a local general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Abrams Municipal Airport covers an area of 160 acres (65 ha) at an elevation of 842 feet (257 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 9/27 is 3,200 by 75 feet (975 x 23 m) with an asphalt surface; 18/36 is 2,580 by 120 feet (786 x 37 m) with a turf surface. Runway 18/36 is closed to fixed-wing aircraft from November through April. The airport is staffed daily from 8AM until dusk.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2007, the airport had 12,300 aircraft operations, an average of 33 per day: 81% general aviation and 19% military. At that time there were 45 aircraft based at this airport: 49% single-engine, 9% multi-engine and 42% military.
- Activate MIRL runway 09/27 and REIL runway 27 - CTAF.
- Intensive National Guard helicopter training on & in the vicinity of airport.
- Runway 18/36 closed to fixed-wing aircraft November-April, soft in spring.
- Avoid overflight of Grand Ledge below 2,000 ft (610 m).
- This airport has been surveyed by the National Geodetic Survey.
- TPA for helicopters 1,700 ft (520 m) MSL (858 ft AGL); fixed wing TPA 1,900 ft (580 m) MSL.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 4D0 ( PDF), effective 2009-08-27.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Abrams Municipal Airport" (PDF). (45.3 KiB) at Michigan Airport Directory
- Grand Air Aviation, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Aerial photo as of 23 April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 4D0, effective January 5, 2017
- Resources for this airport: