Absolutely (Boxer album)
UK album cover
|Studio album by Boxer|
|Recorded||1977 at Sound City, Los Angeles|
|Label||CBS, Epic, EMI|
Absolutely was the second rock music album recorded by the band Boxer, released during 1977 on the Epic record label. Singer/pianist Mike Patto had assembled a new-look lineup including bassist Tim Bogert from Vanilla Fudge, guitarist Adrian Fisher from Sparks, Chris Stainton from Joe Cocker and many others and drummer Eddie Tuduri from the American band Wha-Koo.
The album was also released in the U.S. with a different cover.
Patto collaborated with all the band members to write the songs on this album. "Rich Man's Daughter" is a reworking of the same song recorded by the Boxer lineup for Bloodletting, which was recorded in 1976. This album was the last recording made by Patto.
- "A Fool in Love" (Tim Bogert, Mike Patto) 4:08
- "Red Light Flyer" (Patto) 3:54
- "Big Lucy" (Bogert, Chris Stainton, Patto) 3:58
- "No Reply" (Stainton, Patto) 5:20
- "Can't Stand What You Do" (Bogert, Stainton, Patto, Adrian Fisher, Eddie Tuduri) 3:58
- "As God's My Judge" (Stainton, Patto) 3:10
- "Rich Man's Daughter" (Patto) 4:04
- "Everybody's a Star" (Stainton, Patto) 2:32
- "Hand on Your Heart" (Bogert, Stainton, Patto, Fisher, Tuduri) 4:43
- Mike Patto – lead vocals, piano
- Adrian Fisher – guitar
- Chris Stainton – keyboards
- Tim Bogert – bass, backing vocals
- Eddie Tuduri – drums
- Assistant Engineer: Tori Swenson
- Mixed at Village Recorders (L.A)
- Assistant Engineer: Terry Diane Becker
- Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound (N.Y).
- Design and Photography by Herbert W. Worthington
- Logo: Jack Upston
- "Boxer's Absolutely". pattofan.com. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "An excerpt from Eddie Tuduri's book Sideman 2001". pattofan.com. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- Strong, M.C. The great rock discography. Giunti. p. 779.
- Strong, M.C. The great rock discography. Giunti (1998). ISBN 978-88-09-21522-1