Nicodemou at the 2016 Logie Awards
14 May 1977 |
|Notable work||Heartbreak High (1994–97)
Home and Away (2000–)
|Spouse(s)||Chrys Xipolitas (m. 2007–16) (Div.)|
Ada Nicodemou (born 14 May 1977) is a Greek Cypriot-born Australian actress, best known for her role as Leah Patterson-Baker in the soap opera Home and Away and as host of the reality series Please Marry My Boy.
Nicodemou married Chrys Xipolitas in 2007. They separated in 2010, but reconciled the following month. On 22 August 2012, Nicodemou and Xipolitas had a son, Johnas. Nicodemou and Xipolitas separated in late 2015.
Since 2005 Nicodemou has been an ambassador of the PixiFoto Foundation that raises funds for a Childhood Blindness Prevention program in Africa. She is also an ambassador for Save our Sons, a charity supporting Duchenne muscular dystrophy and the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
|1994–1997||Heartbreak High||Katerina "Kat" Ioannou||Regular character|
|1995||Police Rescue||Anastasia Skouras||12 episodes|
|1998–1999||Breakers||Fiona Motson||Regular character|
|2000||BeastMaster||The Nymph||1 episode, "Riddle of the Nymph"|
|2000||Pizza||Policewoman||1 episode, "Crime Pizza"|
|2000–||Home and Away||Leah Patterson-Baker||Regular character|
|2009||Beauty and the Geek Australia||Judge||1 Episode|
|2012||Please Marry My Boy||Host||All Episodes|
|1999||The Matrix||Dujour (the "white rabbit" girl)|
Awards and nominations
At the Logie Awards, Nicodemou has been nominated for:
- the Gold Logie award in 2001, 2002 and 2006
- Most Popular Actress award in 2002 and 2006
- Croffey, Amy (2 June 2016). "Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou on life after marriage split and Pia Miller diva claims". Retrieved 28 April 2017 – via The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Ada takes out Dancing With The Stars - TV & Radio - Entertainment". theage.com.au. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Ada's big fat Greek wedding". Sunday Telegraph. 18 February 2007. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "Love split still raw for Ada Nicodemou". The Daily Telegraph. 13 April 2010. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Ada Nicodemou welcomes a baby boy". Channel 5. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Halliwell, Elle (18 April 2016). "Ada Nicodemou's husband Chrys Xipolitas opens up about parenting after a split". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "Ada Nicodemou". sydneyweekender.com.au. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
Tom Williams & Kym Johnson
|Dancing with the Stars (Australia) winner
Season 3 (Late 2005 with Aric Yegudkin)
Grant Denyer & Amanda Garner