14 May 1977 |
|Notable work||Heartbreak High (1994–97)
Home and Away (2000–)
|Spouse(s)||Chrys Xipolitas (m. 2007)|
Ada Nicodemou (born 14 May 1977) is a Greek Cypriot-born Australian actress, best known for her role as Leah Patterson-Baker in the soap opera Home and Away and as host of the reality series Please Marry My Boy.
Nicodemou began her acting career in 1994, where she played the role of Katerina in ABC1's Heartbreak High. She was originally hired to play the part for 12 weeks but this was extended until the end of Season 4, ending at the end of 1997.
Nicodemou married Chris Xipolitas in 2007. They separated in 2010 but reconciled the following month. On 22 August 2012 Nicodemou and Xipolitas had a son, Johnas. In March, 2014 it was announced that the couple were expecting their second child. It was announced on 7 August 2014 that Nicodemou had given birth to a stillborn baby boy.
|1994–1997||Heartbreak High||Katerina "Kat" Ioannou||Regular character|
|1995||Police Rescue||Anastasia Skouras||12 episodes|
|1998–1999||Breakers||Fiona Motson||Regular character|
|2000||BeastMaster||The Nymph||1 episode, "Riddle of the Nymph"|
|2000||Pizza||Policewoman||1 episode, "Crime Pizza"|
|2000–||Home and Away||Leah Patterson-Baker||Regular character|
|2009||Beauty and the Geek Australia||Judge||1 Episode|
|2012||Please Marry My Boy||Host||All Episodes|
|1999||The Matrix||Dujour (the "white rabbit" girl)|
Awards and nominations
At the Logie Awards, Nicodemou has been nominated for:
- the Gold Logie award in 2001, 2002 and 2006
- Most Popular Actress award in 2002 and 2006
- "Ada's big fat Greek wedding". Sunday Telegraph. 18 February 2007. Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- "Love split still raw for Ada Nicodemou". dailytelegraph.com.au. 13 April 2010. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Ada Nicodemou welcomes a baby boy". channel5.com. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- "'We feel really lucky': Ecstatic Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou reveals she is expecting her second child after her struggles conceiving". DailyMail. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- Watkins, Jade (2014-08-07). "Heartbreak for Home And Away star Ada Nicodemou as she reveals she has suffered a miscarriage". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-08-07.
- "Ambassadors". saveoursons.org.au. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
Tom Williams & Kym Johnson
|Dancing with the Stars (Australia) winner
Season 3 (Late 2005 with Aric Yegudkin)
Grant Denyer & Amanda Garner
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|