|Born||April 22, 1995 (age 21)
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Adam Lamhamedi (born 22 April 1995 in Quebec City, Quebec) is a Moroccan-Canadian alpine skier who has competed since 2010 on the Fis circuit. Lamhamedi was born in Canada, and competed for Morocco at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Adam Lamhamedi was born on 22 April 1995 in Quebec City to a Moroccan father and a Canadian mother. He began skiing in childhood, winning his first competition at the age of eight. In 2011, he made the decision to compete on behalf of his father's country rather than Canada, both internationally and locally on the provincial ski circuit in Quebec.
Lamhamedi's decision to represent Morocco instead of Canada meant that rather than needing good results in the provincial competitions to qualify internationally, he instead competes directly on behalf of the African nation since 2010. This included his selection for the inaugeral Winter Youth Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria, where he was the gold medallist in the first ever boy's super-G competition. This made Lamhamedi the first person representing an African nation to win a medal at Winter Olympic Games of any type. During the course of that year, he was ranked first in Canada for giant slalom and second in slalom.
In the following ski season, he secured enough points to qualify for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. He was selected as one of the two person delegation, with his brother Sami also attending the Games as a substitute. He finished in 47th position in the men's giant slalom, but did not finish in the slalom.
- Adam Lamhamedi FIS Biography
- Tardif, Jean-Francois (29 January 2014). "Adam Lamhamedi: de Québec à Sotchi... pour le Maroc". La Presse. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Lamhamedi Adam". FIS. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "YOG Champion Adam Lamhamedi Gets Set To Represent Morocco At Sochi 2014". Olympic.org. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Ainsley, Dave (5 January 2014). "Les skieurs Adam et Sami Lamhamedi représenteront le Maroc à Sotchi". La Presse (in French). Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Giant Slalom Men". Olympic.org. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Slalom Men". Olympic.org. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
|Flagbearer for Morocco