Lazzara performing with Taking Back Sunday in 2011
|Born||Adam Burbank Lazzara
September 22, 1981
Sheffield, Alabama, U.S.
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Spouse(s)||Misha Vaagen (m. 2008)|
|Labels||Hopeless, Warner Bros., Victory|
|Associated acts||Taking Back Sunday|
Adam Burbank Lazzara (born September 22, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. He is lead singer of the rock band Taking Back Sunday. Along with singing lead vocals, Lazzara plays guitar and occasionally the harmonica.
Taking Back Sunday
While recording their first six track EP, Jesse Lacey left the band to form Brand New with Brian Lane, the drummer of The Rookie Lot. Then, John Nolan half jokingly asked his friend, Adam Lazzara from High Point, North Carolina he would move to Long Island and play bass for the band. Within the next week, Adam had moved to Bellmore with John, and was the full-time bassist. Adam worked at guitarist Eddie Reyes' father's deli for pay. After vocalist Antonio Longo left the group, Reyes convinced Lazzara to switch to vocals. Since, Lazzara has recorded seven albums with Taking Back Sunday.
In the spring of 2006, Adam met Chauntelle Dupree, guitarist of Eisley, while on tour. They started dating in fall 2006 and became engaged on February 14, 2007. They were to be married in March 2008, but it was announced by Chauntelle's father in January 2008 that the wedding had been called off and that Chauntelle and Adam had split. One month after breaking things off with DuPree, Lazzara began dating Misha Vaagen, a local bartender who had been a family friend of the DuPrees. In June 2008 it was announced that Adam had married Misha Vaagen. In January 2009, they had their first child together, named Keaton Ari Danger. In October 2013 they had their second child, Asa Joseph Danger. In March 2018 they welcomed their third child, Sylvie Wildflower Joy. They currently live in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- with Taking Back Sunday
- Tell All Your Friends (2002)
- Where You Want To Be (2004)
- Louder Now (2006)
- New Again (2009)
- Taking Back Sunday (2011)
- Happiness Is (2014)
- Tidal Wave (2016)
- "Because It Works" (2013)
- "Warped Tour". Cleveland Free Times. Archived from the original on August 21, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 2, 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Taking Back Sunday's Adam Lazzara on Guitarist's Exit: 'It Was a Good Thing'". Buzznet Music News. Archived from the original on March 17, 2009. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- Sharp, Tyler. "Taking Back Sunday's Adam Lazzara arrested for driving while impaired".