From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up adapter or adaptér in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Adapter may refer to:
- Adapter (device), used to match the physical or electrical characteristics of two different objects
- AC adapter, an electric power supply device
- Adapter (genetics), a small DNA molecule used in genetic engineering
- Adapter (rocketry), a segment between rocket stages
- Adapter (computing), used to connect various hardware devices
- Adapter (piping), a short length of pipe with two different ends; see coupling (piping)
- Adapter pattern, a software design pattern used for computer programming
- Signal transducing adaptor protein, a type of protein involved in cell signalling
- Dual coupling, types of adapters
- Rectifier, an electrical device that converts alternating current (AC), which periodically reverses direction, to direct current (DC)
- Transformer, an electrical device that converts high voltage currency into a lower voltage currency
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Adapter.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.