|Born||Adnan bin Abdullah al-Qattan|
Adnan Abdullah al-Qattan (Arabic: عدنان عبدالله القطان) is the official imam and preacher of Al Fateh Grand Mosque in Bahrain and the head of the Bahraini delegation for the Hajj, taking care of the pilgrims and answering their needs.
Ever since the start of the Arab Spring, Adnan al-Qattan's rhetorics have been more oriented into politics and he has told the people protesting to "calm down and keep the stability of the country."
Sheikh Adnan al-Qattan said that what is happening in Syria in this revolutionary period is one of the images of oppression and tyranny in the land. He stressed that the "duty of every Muslim who cares about the issue of his brothers in Syria is to share their concerns and sorrows, and be sad to what they suffered, and the greatest thing that can be provided to them is prayer until God raises the victims from this calamity and removes this sorrow". In another preach, the imam confirmed that the justice and freedom will surely come no matter how long-standing injustice will take place because "injustice does not last, and each oppressor has an end".
Sheikh Adnan al-Qattan is a legitimate major judge in the Court affiliated to the Ministry of Justice of the Kingdom of Bahrain. He contributed to the drafting of the Personal Status Law of the Ministry of Justice. In 2003, Sheikh Adnan al-Qattan told that the Sharia courts should immediately increase so as about the number of judges, and create an office of domestic reform along the lines of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
Sheikh Adnan Al-Qattan is a member of the Fatwa and Sharia board in many banks and financial institutions like Al Salam Bank, Bahrain Islamic Bank, Capivest Investment Bank, and Liquidity Management Center.
In 2011, the delegation from the Mission of the Kingdom of Bahrain for pilgrimage travelled to the city of Medina under Sheikh Adnan Al-Qattan as its head. Once there, the group visited the BMC hospital which is one of the best hospitals in the city. Within the visit to BMC Hospital, Sheikh Adnan al-Qattan met the Executive Director of the Hospital to sign a cooperation agreement in the advantage of bahraini pilgrims who can since then benefit from the medical treatment services of the hospital.
- "Bahrain News Agency | Imam of Al Fateh Mosque condemns call for demonstrating". Bna.bh. 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Bahrain News Agency | Premier receives annual Hajj report". Bna.bh. 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Bahrain News Agency | Bahrain General Consul Meets Haj Delegation". Bna.bh. 2012-10-23. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "المؤسسة الخيرية الملكية". Orphans.gov.bh. Archived from the original on 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- http://b4bh.com/b/newspaper-view-805.html[permanent dead link]
- "Local News » His Majesty appoints top judges". Gulf Daily News. 2010-07-08. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Shaikh Al Qattan | Al Sanabel Orphans Care". ZoomInfo.com. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- http://www.elafbank.net/files/FULL_FINAL_ENGLISH_2012_ANNUAL%20REPORT.PDF[permanent dead link]
- "Al Salam Bank BSC - Company Profile by Insideview". Insideview.com. 2013-06-01. Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Our People - Who We Are". BisB. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Board Of Trustees Chairman Shaikh Nasser Today Made A Visit To The Premises Of The Foundation - Al Furrsan (Powered By Alhajar Portal)". Al Furrsan. 2008-08-27. Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Bahrain News Agency | Shaikh Adnan Al Qattan lauds royal care for needy families". Bna.bh. 2013-02-16. Retrieved 2013-06-08.