Adolph McQueen, officer in the United States Army.
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1971 - 2013|
|Awards||Distinguished Service Medal (2)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Armed services career
McQueen's military education included: Command and General Staff Officer Course, Associate Logistics Executive Development Course, Adjutant General Officer Branch Qualification Course, Military Police Officer Advanced Course, and the Quartermaster Officer Advanced Course.
McQueen worked in civilian law enforcement for more than 30 years, include an assignment as the Special Agent Supervisor with the Michigan Department of the Attorney General.
First commander, Joint Detention Group, Guantanamo
James Yee, the Guantanamo Bay detention camps' first Muslim chaplain, reported to McQueen. In his book For God and country: faith and patriotism under fire, Yee reported an escalating series of problems, including the role McQueen played.
In 2003 BBC News reporters described McQueen personally curtailing their tour of Guantanamo when captives were allowed to see them, and called out to them. The BBC crew was sent home the next day, while other journalists were allowed to stay, and continue reporting.
11th Police Military Brigade
200th Military Police Command
U.S. Army North
In 2012 McQueen was assigned as Deputy Commander of United States Army North. He served in this position until his retirement in September 2013. He received the Distinguished Service Medal at his retirement.
McQueen's awards include: Army Distinguished Service Medal with oak leaf cluster; Defense Superior Service Medal; Legion of Merit; Defense Meritorious Service Medal; Meritorious Service Medal (with four Oak Leaf Clusters); Joint Service Commendation Medal; Army Commendation Medal (with two Oak Leaf Clusters); Army Achievement Medal (with one Oak Leaf Cluster); and Army Staff Identification Badge.
- "Maj. Gen. Adolph McQueen: Commanding General, 200th Military Police Command". United States Army. Archived from the original on 2010-03-17. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- James Yee, Aimee Molloy (2005-10-10). "For God and country: faith and patriotism under fire". Perseus Books Group. ISBN 978-1-58648-369-2. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Panorama: Inside Guantanamo (transcript)". BBC News. 2003-10-05. Archived from the original on 2010-01-19.
- "Cuba prisoner puts BBC on spot". BBC News. 2003-06-22. Archived from the original on 2010-01-19.
- "The Guantanamo incident". BBC News. 2003-10-03. Archived from the original on 2010-01-19.
- Edward Lewis (2007-07-08). "Standing at attention for new MP boss: Col. Robert W. Kenyon takes over for Brigadier General Adolph McQueen". Times Leader. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Kimberly Green, Army North Public Affairs Office, Army North deputy CG closes out illustrious career, September 24, 2013
- United States Army North, Biography, Major General Adolph McQueen