Advanced Global Trading
||The examples and perspective in this article may not include all significant viewpoints. (November 2013)|
|Founded||2009 - ceased trading 4th July 2013|
|Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|GCC, Europe, Africa, and North America|
|Charles Stephenson (Director, Head Office)|
|Products||VER, CSR, OTC, SCCC|
Number of employees
Advanced Global Trading or AGT is an emissions trading and environmental consultancy firm headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and with offices in Bahrain, Doha, Zurich and Johannesburg. AGT deals in sourcing and trading of Verified Carbon Standard approved emissions trading permits (ETP), and specialised in buying and selling of emissions trading certificates and permits in the over-the-counter markets.
AGT Advanced Global Trading was set up by a group of investors and business angels in 2009 with headquarters in the Dubai United Arab Emirates; Dubai was chosen for its commercial significance within the MENA region. AGT trades within the UAE and Gulf Cooperation Council regions. It later expanded into consultancy.
In August 2011 the company established a partnership with Equinox Designs to offset the environmental waste created by the exhibition industry. The estimated offset is calculated[by whom?] to be over 200,000 tonnes a year in the UAE alone. Lotus F1 also signed Advanced Global Trading as an official partner to reduce their environmental impact. The partnership is represented by the AGT brand, which appears on the Lotus F1 car driven by Kimi Räikkönen and Romain Grosjean.
AGT initiated a campaign to embed CO2 CSR strategies into the corporate governance frameworks in the Middle East. A partnership program advises corporations to negate environmental damage and to set up a self-regulating mechanism to ensure active compliance. Examples of the program are:
- AGT in June 2011 assisted Omar Samra, the first Egyptian to climb Mount Everest make his expeditions carbon neutral.
- Equinox Design division Exhibit Green to offset environmental waste and reduce their carbon footprint.
- The Swiss Le Mans race team, to enable it to become carbon neutral by retiring ETPs.
- Advanced Global Trading assisted Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge to offset any environmental damage from the March 2012 event. The agreement was between (ATCUAE) Automobile & Touring Club and AGT and was the first of its kind in GCC.
- AGT was nominated for “Best Sustainable Investment” award at the 2011 International Green Awards.
- Advanced Global Trading in May 2012 announced its official partnership with Lotus F1 to assist the team's reduction of Co2 emissions as it targets Co2 neutrality in 2012.
- AGT assists Lotus F1 with carbon neutrality for another year in 2013 
- “Charles Stephenson” Advance Global Trading. Retrieved January 17, 2012
- “Alice Haine."Money & Me: Business is no place to test friendship". The National. September 24, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2012
- El Ajou, Nadeen. "Equinox Design partners with Advanced Global Trading to offset the environmental waste created by the exhibition industry". AMEinfo.com. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- “Lotus F1 Team targets carbon neutrality.”
- "Lotus F1 Team | AGT Official team partner". Lotus F1 Team.
- “Advanced Global Trading signs agreement with Grako” Advanced Global Trading signs agreement with Grako. Retrieved December 5, 2012
- “Corporate Social Responsibility” Advance Global Trading. Retrieved January 17, 2012
- "Egypt’s Hottest Mountain Climber Goes Carbon-Neutral". Retrieved 7 Feb 2012.
- Jeremy King. “Equinox Design partners with Advanced Global Trading to create Exhibit Green." EventsMagazine.co.uk. August 25, 2011. Retrieved January 16, 2012
- "Hope Racing submits Le Mans 24 Hours race data to UAE-based brokerage to become the World’s first Co2-Neutral Race". Zawya. 2011-06-16.
- "2012 Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge Goes green". Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge. Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- “International Green Award Shortlist 2011.” Green Awards. Retrieved January 17, 2012
- "UAE headquartered brokerage helps Lotus F1 Team target carbon neutrality". MenaFN.
- "AGT – Alternative investment brokerage working with F1 team to retain carbon neutrality in 2013". www.sustainablebusiness.com. Retrieved 29 May 2013.