|Author||Jason Sizemore (Editor) and Gill Ainsworth (Editor)|
|Cover artist||Michael Bielaczyc|
|Media type||Print (hardback & paperback)|
Aegri Somnia (2006) is an anthology of horror stories edited by Jason Sizemore and Gill Ainsworth and published by Apex Books. The twelve stories in this collection were all written by different authors. In 2006 Aegri Somnia was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for Best Anthology.
The definition of Aegri Somnia is "A sick man's dreams".
The collection contains the following short stories:
- "YY" – Jennifer Pelland
- "The League of Last Girls" – Christopher Rowe
- "All Praise to the Dreamer" – Nancy Fulda
- "Nothing of Me" – Eugie Foster
- "Heal Thyself" – Scott Nicholson
- "On the Shoulders of Giants" – Bryn Sparks
- "Dream Takers" – Rhonda Eudaly
- "Letters From Weirdside" – Lavie Tidhar
- "Wishbones" – Cherie Priest
- "All Becomes as Wormwood" – Angeline Hawkes
- "Well of the Waters" – Mari Adkins
- "Mens Rea" – Steven Savile
Aegri Somnia is a Latin phrase which according to the editors of the book translates as "a sick man’s dreams" or "troubled dreams". All of the stories in this anthology were based on this theme.
- "aegri somnia | a sick man's dreams". www.merriam-webster.com. Retrieved 2015-10-06.