Agadam Bagdam Tigdam
|Agadam Bagdam Tigdam|
|Written by||Raghubir Shikawat|
|Directed by||Rajiv Mehra|
|Creative director(s)||Zeenat Lakhani|
|Ending theme||"Agadam Bagdam Tigdam"|
|Composer(s)||Daniel B. George|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Contiloe Entertainment|
|Distributor||Disney India Media Networks|
|Original network||Disney Channel India|
|Original release||18 May –|
9 November 2007
Agadam Bagdam Tigdam is an Indian children's television sitcom produced by Contiloe Entertainment and aired on Disney Channel India. It was launched on May 18, 2007 as the third major original production of the network, and Disney's third locally produced live action Hindi language series. The show was planned to be the third of a string of five local productions due to be released within a year and has followed Dhoom Machaao Dhoom. The show is based on the British show My Parents Are Aliens.
The show revolves around the Malhotra family, who have spent 12 years on Earth and have come from another planet called Zoltar. They look like human beings but are actually aliens. They have normal human lives but have more fun and encounter more trouble. With their relatives and gadgets from Zoltar, their alien secret is hard to keep from their neighbours. Sunny and Sunny's uncle Tappu is always causing Malhotra mayhem. Will they ever be caught? Their main problem is that if they would listen to music, green colored smoke starts coming out of their ears.
- Soniya Malhotra by Benazir Shaikh - Soniya behaves like an teenaged girl but she is often the one who protects the Malhotra secret. Whenever her family is in trouble, she always helps out. There is never a time that Soniya has not saved her family from another big problem.
- Sunny Malhotra by Parth K. Muni - Sunny is the most troublesome 10-year-old sibling a teenager could ever have. He is always arguing with somebody and nearly revealing the Malhotra secret. However, the family stands behind him.
- Deepak Malhotra - Kiku Sharda - In Zoltar, Deepak's real name is Tingaru, as Tappu always calls him. He loves his kids and wife very much. He is a good chef and is quite lazy.
- Priya Malhotra by Soniya Rakkar - In Zoltar, Priya's real name is Pingaru, as Tappu calls her in a few episodes. She loves her kids and always takes their side. She is a bad cook and loves eating wooden items.
- Uncle Tappu by Dilip Joshi - Tappu is really fond of Mangoes, but whenever he eats them, he causes a lot of trouble to the Malhotras. He also often nearly reveals the family secret.
- Rosie by Guddi Maruti - She is the neighbor of the Malhotras. She and Bobby are the main victims of "Malhotra mayhem." Rosie is always doubting the Malhotras. She knows something is fishy.
- Bobby by Rajesh Jais - He is Malhotras Neighbor and Deepak's good friend.
- Sunny's Class teacher by Kurush Deboo
- Katrina by Manini Mishra - She is Tango's (Sunny's classmate) mother who challenges Priya in cooking with a competition.
- Kingaroo by Unknown - He is the King of Zoltar of whom Deepak is too scared of.
|No.||Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||"Meet The Malhotras"||May 18, 2007||101|
|Sonia, Sunny Malhotra and their family come from another planet to live on Earth. Their uncle Tappu is always causing trouble by eating his favourite fruit: alphonso mangoes. The Malhotras meet their neighbours, but keeping their origin from outer space a secret from them is not easy.|
|2||"Titu and Tony - the robbers"||May 25, 2007||110|
|While watching the news, Sonia learns that two robbers are on the loose. When her mom and dad are away, the robbers sneak into their house and try to steal equipment. Sonia, Tappu and Sunny try to stop them by pretending they were expecting them as guests. Rosie, the neighbour, comes and gets the shock of her life. Sonia freezes her, thus scaring the robbers away.|
|3||"Welcome, boss"||June 1, 2007||108|
|Tingaru's boss comes to the Malhotra house for dinner. Rosie and her husband invite themselves, too. Tappu has converted Tingaru into one of Sonia's dolls, but within six hours, he will become a doll permanently. However, Sonia saves the day and brings her dad back.|
|4||"Double trouble"||June 8, 2007||121|
|Sonia and Sunny's cousins come from the other planet and pay a visit. They cause some trouble to which Bobby becomes the victim and turns into a bottle of water. Rosie comes and doubts the Malhotras. Rosie promises to never misbehave again and with Sonia's help, Bobby is safe and sound. The double trouble cousins return to their planet.|
|5||"Romeo and Juliet"||June 15, 2007||112|
|Sonia has a major crush on a boy from her school. There are auditions for a Romeo and Juliet play in which they both are selected. He wants to come to her house to practice together, but Sonia's dad doesn't like the idea very much. So he doesn't allow her to meet him. But Priya lets Sonia take part in the play and it becomes a hit.|
|6||"My husband, the statue"||June 22, 2007||104|
|Bobby from next door is turned into a statue by Tappu. They have to hide him from his wife. But this turns out to be very difficult because he has just got a job to sing in a movie.|
|7||"Invisible tablets"||June 29, 2007||123|
|Sunny makes some of Tappu's tablets which make people invisible. Deepak eats it and while playing TT with Bobby, scares Bobby with the change. When Deepak goes to the office, Sonia, Sunny and Tappu hide under the conference room's table and save him.|
|8||"Cook-off"||July 5, 2007||102|
|Sunny is having a tussle with a boy in school. Their moms challenge each other to a cook-off, to see whose food is better. But Priya doesn't know how to cook at all.|
|9||"In slow motion"||July 12, 2007||124|
|On a health inspection Tappu makes Bobby fail by making him move in slow motion. But this becomes a permanent problem for Bobby.|
|10||"Stuck together"||July 19, 2007||106|
|Deepak's magic powers are out of hand and he gets stuck to Bobby. Soniya makes Bobby believe that he has magical powers. Rosie writes an article regarding her suspicions about the Malhotras.|
|26||TBA||November 9, 2007||TBA|
- "The made-in-India chart-toppers are Agadam Bagdam Tigdam, Vicky Aur Vetaal and M.A.D., in Hindi". telegraphindia.com.
- "Disney India channel's past shows". corporate.disney.in.