From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Agonism (disambiguation))
|Look up agonist, agonism, or agonistic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Agonist (from Ancient Greek ἀγωνιστής: agōnistēs, “combatant, champion”) may refer to:
- a person engaged in a contest or struggle (see agon)
- an advocate of the political theory of agonism (or "agonistic pluralism").
- Agonist, a substance that binds to a receptor to induce a biochemical response
- Inverse agonist, a substance that induces the opposite effect of an agonist
- Agonist (muscle), a muscle type
- Samson Agonistes, a tragedy by John Milton.
- The Agonist, a Canadian metal band
- Agonistic behaviour, animal behaviour relating to conflict
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Agonist.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.