Idol of Agrasena
|Also called||Translation: Birth Anniversary of Agrasena; Agarsain Jayanti, Agrasen Maharaj Jayanti|
|Observed by||Hindu, Jain, Agrahari, Agrawal|
|Type||Indian, Religious (Government holiday in Uttar Pradesh and Haryana)|
|Significance||Birth Anniversary of Agrasena|
|Date||First day of Navaratri|
|2017 date||21 September|
|2018 date||10 October|
|2019 date||29 September|
|2020 date||17 October|
Agrasen Jayanti (literally "Agrasen's birthday") is the birth anniversary celebrations of a legendary Hindu king Agrasen Maharaj. He was king of Agroha, and it was from him that Agrawal and Agrahari clans originated. Agrasen Jayanti is observed on the fourth day of Ashwin month of Hindu calendar.
The Government of India issued a postage stamp in honor of Maharaja Agresen in 1976 on occasion of his 5100th Jayanti.
The UP state Government has officially declared holiday on the occasion of Agrasen Jayanti in Uttar Pradesh. In North Indian state of Haryana, there is also a public holiday on Agrasen Jayanti.. This day is a gazetted holiday in the state of Punjab also.
Maharaja Agrasen has taught us the lesson of unity and to help each other in the society.” 
Devotees make special preparations to make Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti special. The birth anniversary of divine leader Maharaja Agrasen with colorful procession and various cultural programmes which is conducted throughout the day at different places of the India. The Jayanti is celebrated by the Vaishya community with full religious devotion. Agrasena jayanti is celebrated in across India among Agrahari, Agrawal and Jain. On this day, descendants of Agrasena busy themselves in social welfare activities. Free medical camps, food distribution and several cultural functions and program are taken up to spread the message of equality and brotherhood. They honor Agrasen for his ideals in life and try to follow his footsteps.
- "अग्रहरि समाज ने मनाई अग्रसेन जयंती". Dainik Bhaskar. Sep 26, 2014.
- "Contests mark Agrasen jayanti celebration". Times of India. Oct 3, 2003.
- "Shri Agrasen Jayanti 2014 - September 25 (Thursday)". September 22, 2014.
- Happy Agrasen Jayanti
- Singh, Kumar Suresh; B. V. Bhanu (2004). People of India. Popular Prakashan. p. 46. ISBN 81-7991-100-4. Retrieved 2007-04-19.
- "UP government declares 32 public holidays". Times of India. Nov 19, 2011.
- India 1976 Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti Phila-698 MNH
- "कर्मयोगी लोकनायक थे महाराजा अग्रसेन". Web Duniya Hindi. May 31, 2014.
- List of Public Holidays in Haryana (2014)
- Govt Holidays in Punjab 2018
- "Vice President's address at Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti celebrations". Indian Express. 29 September 2008.
- "Agrasen Jayanti celebrated with fervor". Free Press Journal. September 22, 2014. Archived from the original on September 25, 2014.
- "Camps on Ayurvedic medicine organised on Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti in Mussoorie". News 18. Sep 25, 2014.
- "अग्रसेन जयंती पर भव्य चल समारोह निकला". वेब दुनिया. 29 September 2011.
- "महाराज अग्रसेन जयंती का शुभारंभ". Dainik Bhaskar. Oct 1, 2013.
- "CM & Majithia felicitates people on Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti". News Web India. Sep 24, 2014.
- "Agrasen Jayanti Mahotsava to be a grand event". Free Press Journal. September 14, 2014. Archived from the original on December 8, 2014.