Agriculture Information Service
|Website||Agriculture Information Service|
Agriculture Information Service (Bengali: কৃষি তথ্য সার্ভিস) is a Bangladesh government agency under the Ministry of Agriculture responsible for proving information on modern agricultural methods to farmers in Bangladesh. Dr. Md. Nurul Islam is the Director of the agency.
Agriculture Information Service traces its origin to the Agriculture Information Agency which was founded in 1965. In 1985, the Government of Bangladesh re-organized the Agriculture Information Agency into the Agriculture Information Service. The agency publishes two journals, Krishikotha and Samprosharon Barta. It also produces Mati-O-Manush and Banglar Krishi programs on Bangladesh Television. The agency also produces programs for Bangladesh Betar and community radios. It operates a call center were farmers can call for information on agriculture.
- "About Agriculture". ais.gov.bd/. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Free flow of information must for agri advancement". The Daily Star. 4 April 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "AIP status for special contributors to agriculture". Dhaka Tribune. 3 April 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Director, AIS". ais.portal.gov.bd. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Need for modern tech in agri sector stressed". The Daily Star. 27 September 2009. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Community radio for agriculture to be set up in Barguna". The Daily Star. 24 April 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|