Ahmad Ali Barqi Azmi
Ahmad Ali Barqi Azmi
احمد علی برقی اعظمی
|Born||December 25, 1954|
Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh
|Occupation||Radio Announcer, translator, language expert, writer, poet|
|Residence||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh|
Ahmad Ali Barqi Azmi (born December 25, 1954) is an eminent poet in the Urdu language. His poetry collection is entitled Rooh-e-Sukhan, or “The Soul of Language.” Professionally, he serves in the Persian service of All India Radio, New Delhi. He has devoted his life to furtherance of the Urdu language and its literary culture.
Ahmad Ali Barqi was educated at Shibli National College in Azamgarh and at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He holds a degree in Education, a master's degree in Urdu and Persian, and received a doctorate in Modern and Classical Persian from the Centre of African & Asian Languages of Jawaharlal Nehru University in 1996.
Barqi's poetic works are assembled in the book Rooh-e-Sukhan. In this massive work, he treats traditional subject matter, such as romantic love and spiritual devotion, but also non-traditional topics such as the Internet and global health crises. He includes tributes to Urdu literary giants, including Mir Taqi Mir, Ghalib, Iqbal, Sir Syed, and Faiz Ahmad Faiz. He continues to publish new poems online in numerous international Urdu poetry forums, including HamariWeb, aalmiahkbar.com, and on Facebook.
Barqi's father, Rahmat Elahi Barqi, was also a renowned poet in Urdu, well known for his collection Tanweer-e-Sukhan, or “The Light of Language.”
Barqi serves as Translator-cum-Announcer (T/A In-charge) in the Persian Service of the External Services Division of All India Radio, New Delhi. He has traveled extensively, including to Iran and Afghanistan, on study tours. In addition to his own writing, he devotes his time and efforts to the furtherance of Urdu literary culture, promoting the works of Urdu poets of the past and present. In live forums and recitations, on television, radio, and social media, Dr. Barqi continues to spread international interest in the unique literary and cultural traditions of Urdu.
- Academy Award, conferred by Urdu Academy, New Delhi.
References and footnotes
- "Ahmad Ali Barqi Azmi Poet Biography - Bihar Urdu Youth Forum, Patna". Urduyouthforum.org. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Rooh e sukhan final book 01 (3) [mukammal] by Ahmad Ali Barqi Azmi". Issuu. 2013-10-28. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- Urdu Lover (2016-06-23). "Urdu poets and writers' works, biographies by Muslim Saleem: Urdu poets and writers of India Part-II by Muslim Saleem". Poetswritersofurdu.blogspot.in. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- UrduSukhan. "Ahmad Ali Barqi Azami احمد علی برقی اعظمی کی شاعری سے ایک صفحہ". Urdusukhan.com. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Ahmad Ali Barqi Azmi". Issuu. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Poetries by Dr.Ahmad Ali Barqi Azmi". Hamariweb.com. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- admin. "Aalmi Akhbar". www.aalmiakhbar.com.
- "Tribtute to Hazrat Imam Hussain A.S. by Rahmat Ilahi Barq Azmi | www.khojkhabarnews.com". Khojkhabarnews.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "aabarqi". YouTube. 2018-03-30. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2014-01-12.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)