|Developer(s)||Bassel Khartabil, Fabricatorz, LLC|
|Initial release||September 2009|
|Last release||0.9.1 / February 23, 2012|
Aiki Framework " is a flexible PHP + MYSQL (LAMP) web application framework that allows designers and programmers to easily create and work with existing content management systems from the web.". The Fabricatorz global production company was its commercial steward and has used it to build Open Clip Art Library 3.0 and the now public Open Font Library. Both sites using Aiki Framework were publicly announced at Libre Graphics Meeting 2011.
The last release of the software approximately coincided with the March 15, 2012 detainment in Syria of the technologies inventor, Bassel Khartabil. Aiki Framework still is the underlying technology of the Open Clip Art Library and Open Font Library, but the technology appears to be deprecated at present with a redirection of the official domain name to the Open Clip Art Library github account with new code.
The goal of Aiki Framework is to make a fast system for developing heavily trafficked communities where developers are used to editing source code, but can not directly because of necessary security precautions in running a web server.
- Bassel Safadi. 2010. Open Clip Art Library 2.0 Powered by Aiki Framework Announced
- Fabricatorz. 2011. Open Clip Art 3.0 Press Release
- Fabricatorz. 2011. Open Font Library Public Press Release
- Open Clip Art Library Launchpad. 2011. Launchpad Announcement
- [Open Clip Art Library 0.9.1 Release https://launchpad.net/aikiframework/+announcement/9657]
- [The New Open Clip Art Library Github https://github.com/openclipart/openclipart]
- Joe Brockmeier. 2010. Filling the Gap: Open Clip Art Library Provides More than 26,000 Images
- Aiki Framework 2.0 Press Release with Open Clip Art Library