|Developer(s)||Bassel Khartabil, Fabricatorz, LLC|
|Initial release||September 2009|
0.9.1 / February 23, 2012
|Type||Content management framework|
Aiki Framework is a flexible PHP + MYSQL (LAMP) web application framework that allows designers and programmers to easily create and work with existing content management systems from the web. The Fabricatorz global production company was its commercial steward and has used it to build Open Clip Art Library 3.0 and the now public Open Font Library. Both sites using Aiki Framework were publicly announced at Libre Graphics Meeting 2011.
The last release of the software approximately coincided with the March 15, 2012 detainment in Syria of the technologies inventor, Bassel Khartabil. Aiki Framework still is the underlying technology of the Open Clip Art Library and Open Font Library, but the technology was deprecated until 2016 when it was resurrected and put on GitHub. The history of changes was imported to git from last zip file taken from archive.org and controlled by bazaar version control.
The goal of Aiki Framework is to make a fast system for developing heavily trafficked communities where developers are used to editing source code, but can not directly because of necessary security precautions in running a web server.
- Christopher Adams
- Dave Crossland
- Steven Garcia
- Brad Phillips
- Jon Phillips
- Bassel Safadi
- Barry Threw
- Jakub Jankiewicz
- "FREEBASSEL - Campaign". freebassel.org.
- "Fabricatorz". fabricatorz.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2010-12-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Safadi, Bassel (2010). "Open Clip Art Library 2.0 Powered by Aiki Framework Announced". bassel.ws.
- "Open Clip Art 3.0 Press Release". fabricatorz.com (Press release). 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-05-15.
- "Open Font Library Public Press Release". fabricatorz.com (Press release). 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-05-19.
- "Launchpad Announcement". Open Clip Art Library Launchpad. 2011.
- Open Clip Art Library 0.9.1 Release
- "Aiki Framework". GitHub. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Blog Filling The Gap Open Clip Art Library Provides More Than 26 000 Images". ostatic.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Open Clip Art Library 2.0 [LWN.net]". lwn.net. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Christopher Adams". chris.raysend.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- Phillips, Brad. "Bradphillips.org". bradphillips.org. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "barry threw". www.barrythrew.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "منظمة العفو الدولية on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- Corbyn, Zoë (2015-12-11). "Bassel Khartabil: fears for man who brought open internet to the Arab world". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-09-25.