Airport Armed Police
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Airport Armed Police
এয়ারপোর্ট আর্মড পুলিশ
|Common name||Airport APBn|
Logo of the Airport Armed Police
|Formed||1 June, 2010|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Constituting instrument||The Armed Police Battalion Ordinance, 1979|
|Headquarters||Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka|
|Agency executive||Mohammad Rashidul Islam Khan, Commanding Officer (SP)|
|Parent agency||Bangladesh Police|
The Airport Armed Police Battalion (APBn) is the specialized unit of Bangladesh Police responsible for security in the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport of Dhaka, the largest and busiest airport of Bangladesh. The AAP is one of the battalion of the Armed Police Battalions (APBn) in Bangladesh.
Armed Police Battalion (APBn) is empowered to ensure internal security, arrest armed terrorist, recover arms & explosives, and any other responsibility endowed upon by the Government as per Section 6 of the Armed Police Battalion Ordinance, 1979. The government of Bangladesh deployed the armed police battalion to take over the responsibility of overall security of the airport on 1 June 2010. In order to perform its duty more effectively and efficiently within its jurisdiction, Airport Armed Police works in coordination with other law enforcement agencies in the Airport including Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Customs, different intelligence units, and other similar organizations.
A total of 1100 personnel (including 100 female members) have been performing the security responsibility in the largest airport of Bangladesh. Airport Armed Police has four types of team for securing the airport namely:
- Uniformed Guard and Checking Team
- Intelligence Team
- Crisis Response Team (CRT)
- Observation & Assessment Team
Area of responsibility
- "2 held with huge haul at Dhaka airport". The Daily Star. 2015-05-16. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- "Security tightened at Dhaka airport after knife attack". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- "400 turtles recovered at Dhaka airport". The Daily Star. 2015-07-05. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- Locker, Melissa. "Jackpot: Cleaning Crew Finds $1.9M In Gold Bars In Airplane Toilet". Time. ISSN 0040-781X. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- "AAP — Organizational Structure". Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "AAP — Area of Responsibility". Retrieved 2011-06-09.