He is a PhD in Economics from Brown University. He is a B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. He had been Professor ICRIER, New Delhi and Assistant Professor at IGIDR, Mumbai.
He is the Chief Economist of the Aditya Birla Group, an Indian multinational conglomerate. He also served as Chief Economist at ABN AMRO Bank. He serves as a Director on the Board of Hindalco Almex Aerospace Limited, a joint venture company of Hindalco and Almex Inc. of USA between 2007 to 2011. He was Government of India's nominee as Independent Director of Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd., from September 22, 2007 to April 1, 2010. He has served on various committees of the Reserve Bank of India, including the Committee on Fuller Capital Account Convertibility and the committee to review FEMA for Individuals. He is a member of the National Executive Committee of FICCI and Economic Policy Council of CII. He chairs the Research Advisory Panel of the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. He is a member of the Board of Governors of the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. He is columnist with Mumbai Mirror He also writes at FirstPost, Business Standard, IBNLive, The Economist Times. He has authored several books, namely Life Insurance in India: Emerging Issues, Three Questions about Insurance Liberalisation, Maharashtra's EGS: Regional Patterns, Scope for Reforms and Replication. He is a co founder and trustee of Association for Democratic Reforms which is an Indian civil society group vying for transparency in the politics of India. He was awarded as Distinguished Alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in 2009.
- Political analyst Ajit Ranade
- PhD, Page6
- 2009 DAAs - Dean Alumni and Corporate Relations (Dean ACR)
- Financial Techn (India) Ltd
- Founders and Trustees
- Assistant Professor at IGIDR, Mumbai
- Bloomberg TV India-Views on Budget 2014-15
- Should Indonesia be the I in Brics?
- FICCI-IBA MEET: Bankers see financial inclusion as key challenge
- Fuller Report Archived 2009-02-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- FEMA for Individuals Report
- Misys Profit Matrix 2013 Speakers
- INDIA – THE NEXT DECADE Programme
- Mumbai Mirror Columnists
- Firstpost Authors Ajit Ranade
- Ajit Ranade: Small is manageable
- Ajit Ranade at IBNLive
- Dr Ajit Ranade
- Life Insurance in India: Emerging Issues
- Three Questions about Insurance Liberalisation
- Maharashtra's EGS: Regional Patterns, Scope for Reforms and Replication
- IITB Distinguished Alumni, 2009