Alípio in training with Real Madrid
|Full name||Alípio Duarte Brandão|
|Date of birth||7 June 1992|
|Place of birth||Brasília, Brazil|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2007||Escola Dois Toques|
|2009||Real Madrid C||2||(0)|
|2009||Real Madrid B||2||(0)|
|2011||→ América-RN (loan)||5||(0)|
|2012||→ Al Sharjah (loan)||0||(0)|
|2016||→ Vitória (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 January 2018.
In November 2008, Alípio joined Real Madrid for roughly €1.4 million, without having made one single first-team appearance with Rio Ave. He scored two goals on his debut for the C-team which operated in Tercera División, and played his second game against CF Rayo Majadahonda in a 2–0 home win, as they eventually finished in eighth position; he played most of his first two years, however, with the Juvenil side.
After scoring in a training match against the Real Madrid first team on 11 February 2009, Alípio made his official debut for Real Madrid Castilla four days later, against Águilas CF, as an 87th-minute substitute for Miguel Palanca. Thus, he became the youngest player ever to appear for the reserves; during the ten minutes he played, he impressed spectators and his coaches alike with his ball skills.
In the 2010–11 season, aged 18, Alípio returned to Portugal, being sold to S.L. Benfica and signing a five-year contract with the Primeira Liga club. In his first year in Lisbon he played for the under-19s but, late into it, was loaned to Série C team América Futebol Clube (RN).
Alípio returned to Benfica shortly after due to bureaucratic problems and was again loaned, now to Al-Sharjah SCC in the UAE Arabian Gulf League. After two years away from professional football he went on trial with AC Omonia, who later signed him to a permanent deal; he made his debut for his new club on 23 October, against Nikos & Sokratis Erimis for the campaign's Cypriot Cup. Three days later he first appeared in the First Division, coming from the bench to provide two assists in the 6–0 away routing of Doxa Katokopias FC.
- Alípio, do Rio Ave para o Real Madrid: «Tenho confiança em mim» (Alípio, from Rio Ave to Real Madrid: «I have confidence in me»); Mais Futebol, 10 November 2008 (Portuguese)
- Alipio en su primer día de blanco (Alipio in his first white day); Real Madrid CF, 12 November 2008 (Spanish)
- Alipio maravilla en su debut (Alipio does wonders in his debut); Real Madrid CF, 19 November 2008 (Spanish)
- 2–0 Tres puntos de oro (2–0 Three golden points); Real Madrid CF, 19 March 2009 (Spanish)
- Aún hay opciones (Still chances); Real Madrid CF, 15 March 2009 (Spanish)
- Goals and Madridismo take centre stage; Real Madrid CF, 11 February 2009
- Un cruel desenlace (A cruel outcome); Real Madrid CF, 15 February 2009 (Spanish)
- Alipio debuted against Aguilas; Real Madrid CF, 16 February 2009
- Alípio está garantido (Alípio is confirmed); Record, 17 July 2010 (Portuguese)
- "Benfica: Alípio (ex-Real Madrid) no América de Natal" [Alípio (ex Real Madrid) in América Natal] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Alípio em nova cedência" [Alípio in new loan] (in Portuguese). Notícias do Futebol. 18 October 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Παίκτης της ΟΜΟΝΟΙΑΣ ο Αλίπιο Ντουάρτε Μπραντάο [Player of Omonia: Alípio Duarte Brandão] (in Greek). AC Omonia. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Alipio: "He hablado con Pepe y me ha dado su apoyo" (Alipio: "I have talked with Pepe and he has given me his support"); Diario AS, 10 November 2008 (Spanish)