|Birth name||Allan Eric Funk|
July 7, 1971|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Billed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|Billed from||Alliance, Ohio|
|Trained by||WCW Power Plant|
Allan Eric Funk (born July 7, 1971) is an American professional wrestler, who has previously worked in promotions such as World Championship Wrestling and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, often with comedic personas. He competes in Lucha Libre USA as Chi Chi.
Professional wrestling career
World Championship Wrestling
He first appeared in World Championship Wrestling (WCW) as Allan Funk, wrestling on Saturday Night and WorldWide against opponents such as Sonny Siaki. Soon after his debut, Allan had a brief feud with Barry Horowitz, he then teamed with "Above Average" Mike Sanders, as the Re-Enforcers. The team dissolved after both men got brought to WCW Monday Nitro.
Allan Funk is not related to Terry Funk. Upon his graduation from the WCW Power Plant in 1998, Funk was moved up to the main roster and given a left field gimmick as an eccentric dressed all in pink, and given the ring name Kwee Wee. Contrary to popular belief the Kwee Wee was not a homosexual, as demonstrated by his physical interactions with manager Paisley. Near the end of WCW's existence, Kwee Wee developed an aggressive alter-ego named "Angry Allan", whom Kwee Wee would suddenly "turn into" in the event he was angered, a gimmick similar to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde or The Incredible Hulk. He feuded with Prince Iaukea, Elix Skipper and The Natural Born Thrillers.
He was signed by the WWE after the 2001 buyout, but was never featured on WWE television and was quickly released.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
Funk joined Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) on June 19, 2002 as Bruce, a "homosexual" gimmick, forming a short-lived tag team with Lenny Lane known as The Rainbow Express. The team split on November 20, 2002. Bruce also won the Miss TNA Championship on July 31, 2002.
On September 27, 2003 at the Baltic Brawl event in Helsinki, Finland, Funk wrestled a tag team match with Mike Sanders against Elix Skipper and Sonny Siaki. During that match, Siaki botched a split-legged moonsault and landed on Funk's face knee-first. Funk was badly injured, breaking his eardrum, nose and jaw, also cracking his orbital bone. He has had four surgeries to repair the damage and is still 100% deaf in his left ear, but he made an otherwise full recovery.
Funk resumed wrestling on the independent circuit in 2005, including an appearance in Vince Russo's Ring of Glory promotion as Queen Herod. He also wrestled numerous matches in the NWA Anarchy/Wildside promotion in Cornelia, Georgia.
All Japan Pro Wrestling
Lucha Libre USA: Masked Warriors
In July 2010, Funk began working under the name Chi Chi of the Exotico division for MTV2's wrestling TV project Lucha Libre USA: Masked Warriors, playing a parody of Lady Gaga. He made his debut on the first episode on July 16 along with his best friend Tigresa Caliente.
Championships and accomplishments
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Other titles
- BTW Ohio Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- "Allan Funk Profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Kwee Wee". WCW.com (via Wayback Machine). World Championship Wrestling. Archived from the original on January 19, 2001. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Harrison, Randy (2010-07-17). "411's Lucha Libre USA: Masked Warriors Report 07.16.10". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- Milner, John M. (October 23, 2005). "Sonny Siaki". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-11-25.
- "The problem with Miss Hancock's baby". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
- World Wrestling All- Stars (2002-04-13). ""The Funkster" Alan Funk Vs. Qubecer Pierre". WWAS R-uption.
- "June 19, 2002 - NWA: Total Nonstop Action Debut". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
Allen Funk joins the Jarrett Upstart promotion to be known as Bruce.