Alan Powell (entrepreneur)
Alan “AP” Powell is a Gulf War Veteran and Entrepreneur.
Powell attended College of Coastal Georgia for Physical Education and transferred to Missouri Valley College in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in sports administration. He enlisted in the United States Army upon exit and then started a career in the independent film and music business. He was co-executive producer of the movies and soundtracks of Bullethead and JackedUp. He became Vice President of Business Development at The Firm, an entertainment management company in Beverly Hills, and created the largest deal in Texas history between T-Town Records (Dallas) and Universal Music Group.
He created AP & Associates, LLC in 2004 and relocated the headquarters to Phoenix, Arizona in 2008. Powell's close association with NASCAR and the film industry helped AP & Associates establish a niche in connecting the multi-cultural consumer with corporate America for the sports and entertainment industries.
In 2011, Powell founded the Checkered Flag Run, a multi-cultural motorcycle rally, in conjunction with Phoenix International Raceway in Phoenix, Arizona. The Checkered Flag Run Foundation was formed by Powell in 2011 to advance the quality of life and education for those living in under-served communities. The Checkered Flag Run and Foundation raise funds to support Phoenix Tools 4 School, Racing to the Top Scholarships and Drive Your Mind Educational Toy Give-away.
Powell currently serves on the City of Phoenix Aviation Advisory Board, the Phoenix Military Veterans Commission., Phoenix Arizona Councilwoman Kate Gallego District 8 African-American Advisory Council and U.S. Congressman Arizona 7th District Ruben Gallego's Veteran Advisory Council.
- D Magazine, Kix, Paul  March 11, 2013
- Phoenix Business Journal, Casacchia, Chris, Marketing strategist brings high-profile connections to Valley
- Phoenix International Raceway Magazine, Tyrese to Perform National Anthem, November 11, 2009.
- Motorcycle USA  February 3, 2011
- Frontdoor News Tools 4 School
- City of Phoenix Aviation Advisory Board  last modified on November 27, 2010
- Phoenix Military Veterans Commission  last modified on November 27, 2010
- MotorcycleUSA.com, Placa, J. Joshua  May 17, 2010