Albanian Institute for International Studies
|Type||Research and policy think tank|
History and profile
AIIS was launched by Albanian academics and analysts in 1997 and registered in 2002. Its research and projects focuses on three main areas: European integration, democratization process, and Balkan developments. Tirana Times is the official media partner of AIIS. In addition, AIIS publishes several studies and organizes events in accordance with its study focus. Its analyses has been employed by Albanian policy-makers and international partners in the fields of security studies, democracy, Euro-Atlantic integration and regional cooperation.
AIIS is governed by a board of directors and its chairman is Besnik Mustafaj, a writer and politician. Aldo Bumçi, another politician, is among the board members. The staff of AIIS include Albanian and international scholars.
- "Albanian Institute for International Studies". ISN. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "List of host organizations" (PDF). Open Society Foundation. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "AIIS Publications". AIIS. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "About AIIS". AIIS. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "Albanian Institute for International Studies, Albania (AIIS)". Eldis. Retrieved 30 November 2013.