Rosas in the 2017 NFL season.
|No. 7 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Born:||December 30, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||233 lb (106 kg)|
|High school:||Orland (Orland, California)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice squad/Injured|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Aldrick Rosas (born December 30, 1994) is an American football placekicker for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He was selected to the Pro Bowl for the 2018 NFL season as a member of the New York Giants.
Rosas played college football at Southern Oregon University of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). In 2014, he tore the ACL in his kicking leg making a tackle in the NAIA Championship Game. After missing the 2015 season, he decided to forego the remainder of college eligibility to pursue a career in the NFL.
New York Giants
On January 19, 2017, Rosas signed a reserve/future contract with the New York Giants. Rosas was the only kicker on the Giants roster after former Giants' placekicker Robbie Gould agreed to a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers, until veteran Mike Nugent signed a contract with the team on August 1, 2017. Rosas ultimately won the starting kicker job after Nugent was released during final roster cuts.
On September 10, 2017, in the Giants' season-opening 19–3 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, Rosas converted his first NFL career field goal, a 25-yard attempt, in the third quarter. Prior to the game, he watched his girlfriend give birth via FaceTime.
Rosas retained his starting job with the Giants for the 2018 season. He vastly improved on his rookie season, becoming a Pro Bowl selection, converting 32 of 33 field goal attempts and 31 of 32 PATs, with his only missed PAT was due to a poor snap. He was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his Week 13 performance against the Chicago Bears where he converted three field goals, including a New York Giants franchise record 57-yarder and the game-winning 44-yard field goal in overtime.
The Giants placed a second-round tender on Rosas on March 16, 2020, and signed it on April 8, 2020. On July 15, 2020, Rosas was formally charged with three misdemeanors in the Superior Court of California for an alleged high-speed hit-and-run that led to his arrest on June 16. Rosas was released by the Giants on July 27, 2020. He pleaded no contest to the charges on September 23, 2020, and was sentenced to three years of probation.
On September 28, 2020, Rosas was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice squad. He was elevated to the active roster on October 3 for the team's week 4 game against the Cincinnati Bengals, and made four field goals in his first game as a Jaguar. He reverted to the practice squad after the game on October 5.
|Year||Team||Games||Field Goals||Extra Point||Total Points|
|Stats accurate as of 2018 Week 17. Source:|
- "Aldrick Rosas - 2014". Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Duggan, Dan. "The incredible story of Aldrick Rosas' journey from small Oregon school to Giants' kicker". NJ.com. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- "Titans Agree to Terms with 11 Undrafted Free time Agents". TitansOnline.com. May 9, 2016. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Wyatt, Jim (September 2, 2016). "Titans Down to 53 Players: A Position-by-Position Look". TitansOnline.com. Archived from the original on August 7, 2017. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Benton, Dan (January 19, 2017). "New York Giants sign kicker Aldrick Rosas to reserve/futures deal". GiantsWire.USAToday.com. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Conway, Tyler. "San Francisco 49ers, Robbie Gould Reportedly Agree to Contract". Bleacher Report. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Giants sign veteran kicker Mike Nugent". Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- "New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys - September 10th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Smith, Michael David (September 14, 2017). "Giants' Aldrick Rosas watched daughter's birth on FaceTime, then made NFL debut". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "After Rough First Season, Giants' Aldrick Rosas Is In A Better Place Mentally". Forbes. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "AFC and NFC Players of the Week - Week 13". NFL.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Saquon Barkley, Landon Collins, and Aldrick Rosas make 2018 Pro Bowl". Giants.com. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- "Giants re-sign Pro Bowl kicker Aldrick Rosas". www.giants.com. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- "Giants use second-round tender on K Aldrick Rosas". Giants.com. Retrieved March 17, 2020.
- Salomone, Dan (April 8, 2020). "K Aldrick Rosas signs restricted free agent contract". Giants.com. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- Raanan, Jordan (June 16, 2020). "Giants' Rosas arrested on hit-and-run charge". ESPN.com. Retrieved July 26, 2020.
- Eisen, Michael (July 27, 2020). "Giants release kicker Aldrick Rosas". Giants.com. Retrieved July 27, 2020.
- Crabtree, Curtis (September 23, 2020). "Aldrick Rosas pleads no contest, gets three years of probation". NBCSports.com. Retrieved October 8, 2020.
- "Jaguars Make Roster Moves". Jaguars.com. September 28, 2020.
- Johnson, James (October 3, 2020). "Jags promote 3 players from practice squad for Week 4 game vs. Bengals". USAToday.com. Retrieved October 24, 2020.
- Reid, John (October 4, 2020). "Jaguars' Aldrick Rosas makes four FGs in debut vs. Bengals". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- "Aldrick Rosas: Reverts to practice squad". CBSSports.com. October 5, 2020. Retrieved October 24, 2020.
- "Alrick Rosas: Career Stats". NFL.com.