This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alex McFarland is an American public speaker, author, educator, and advocate for Christian Apologetics. He currently serves as Director of the Christian Worldview Center at North Greenville University in Greenville, South Carolina and as organizer of the Truth for a New Generation Conferences. He also co-hosts the radio program "Exploring the Word" that airs on American Family Radio.
Alex McFarland was born and raised in North Carolina where he attended the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He later completed a master's degree from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia in Christian Thought and Apologetics.
Upon graduation, McFarland endeavored upon a project called "50 States in 50 Days" in which he preached at 64 events in all 50 US states within 50 days, becoming the first known person to accomplish this goal. The account of this project is chronicled in his first book entitled "50 States In 50 Days: The "Tour of Truth" Story, and How 9 People Made the Journey of a Lifetime Across America."
McFarland later served at James Dobson's Focus on the Family as Director of Teen Apologetics based on Colorado Springs, Colorado. In 2006, he accepted the position as third president of Southern Evangelical Seminary in Charlotte, North Carolina where he served for nearly five years.
Since 2011, McFarland has served as Director of the Christian Worldview Center at North Greenville University in Greenville, South Carolina. In addition, he co-hosts a radio program called "Exploring the Word" on American Family Radio and frequently speaks and serves as commentator for national media on issues related to Christian Apologetics and Worldview.
Also a published author, McFarland has authored or coauthored a dozen books and more than one hundred articles. He currently lives in North Carolina with his wife.
While never obtaining a PhD by going to school legitimately, he calls himself Doctor in various publications and on-line. His honorary PhD was given to him by a diploma mill and unaccredited school.
- 10 Issues That Divide Christians
- 10 Answers for Atheists: How to Have an Intelligent Discussion About the Existence of God
- 10 Answers for Skeptics
- 10 Questions about Prayer Every Christian Must Answer: Thoughtful Responses about our Communication with God
- 10 Questions Every Christian Must Answer: Thoughtful Responses to Strengthen Your Faith (with Elmer Towns)
- 50 States In 50 Days: The "Tour of Truth" Story, and How 9 People Made the Journey of a Lifetime Across America
- Stand Strong: In College
- STAND: Core Truths You Must Know for an Unshakable Faith
- Stand: Seeking the Way of God: A Discovery of Genesis 37-47
- Stand: Diving into God's Words: A Discovery of Psalm 119
- The 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity
- The 21 Toughest Questions Your Kids Will Ask about Christianity: & How to Answer Them Confidently