This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Oleg Rogovenko, CEO|
Number of employees
Awem Games is a casual games developer based in Mogilev, Belarus. Awem Games are distributed by key digital game sellers such as AppStore, Google Play, Bigfish games and GameHouse and many others. Besides on-line distribution, games are available on CD in 24 countries such as the United States, Germany, Austria, Russia, Poland and other. Games are translated to 15 languages.
Cradle Of Rome (2007) is a match-3 puzzle game. The player needs to link three or more similar tiles by clicking on the first piece and dragging the cursor over the adjacent ones. Certain types of matches bring resources that may be spent on erecting various structures, each gives the player an advantage for the upcoming challenges. Cradle of Rome was nominated for "People's Choice Award for Best Puzzle Game of 2007" in the Zeeby Awards, 2007 and was one of the top 20 games during the three years (2007–2009) according to CasualCharts statistics.
Cradle Of Rome 2 (2010) is a match-3 puzzle game sequel to Cradle Of Rome. Gamezebo rated Cradle Of Rome 2 4 out of 5, finding the gameplay and design to be almost identical to the first but deeming it to be just as addictive.
Cradle Of Rome 2 for Mac was nominated as Best Match 3 Game Of 2010 in Big Fish Games’ Customer Favorites Awards for 2010
Cradle Of Rome 2 for PC was nominated as Best Strategy Game Of 2010 in Big Fish Games’ 2010 Customer Favorites Awards
Cradle Of Egypt (2011) is one more match-3 game in Cradle series. Gamezebo rated Cradle Of Egypt 4 out of 5, mentioning that the match-3 gameplay remains unchanged from the previous Cradle games. Same power-ups, same obstacles, similar layouts. The only things that are different are the backgrounds and the items your clearing
Shoot 'em ups
Star Defender is a series of four side-scrolling arcade-style shoot 'em ups. Gamezebo rated both Star Defender 3 (2007) and Star Defender 4 (2008) 3 out of 5. Star Defender 3 was described as a spiritual successor to Galaga with an appeal to retro gamers. It was otherwise felt to be "merely average" amongst more addictive titles in the casual genre. Star Defender 4 was praised for its variety of enemies and power-ups but criticized for some game balance issues and overall difficulty. Star Defender 4 hit TOP-10 in Best App Ever Awards 2013 in "Best Arcade and Action Game for Android" category.
Hidden object games
Awem produces hidden object games.
Romance Of Rome (2009) is set in the Roman Empire with a romantic storyline. Venessa Carter of Gamezebo awarded Rome 4 out of 5 stars, highlighting the hand-drawn artwork and the difficulty level of the hidden-object sequences. Some objects are semi-transparent or hidden behind other objects, for which Carter commented "It's actually a rather exhilarating challenge for a hidden object pro, but could be quite daunting for someone looking for a more relaxing game. "
Golden Trails: The New Western Rush (2010) has a wild west theme. Venessa Carter of Gamezebo awarded Golden Trails: The New Western Rush 3.5 out of 5 stars, praising the addition of a badge-hunting objective to the usual item-searching gameplay. However, Carter criticized the nonsensical storyline, haphazard "sheriff investigation" sections and terrible voice acting.
Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy (2011) - the sequel to Golden Trails: The New Western Rush has a pirate theme. Venessa Carter of Gamezebo awarded Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy 4 out of 5 stars. She criticized the "baffling" story and "painful" voice-acting, but praised the addictive trophy-hunting mechanic, fresh, eye-catching locations and varied searches.
Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed (2012) - the sequel to Golden Trails: The New Western Rush has a templars theme.
Letters from Nowhere (2010) was awarded 3.5 out of 5 stars by Tawny Mueller of Gamezebo. She praised the balanced difficulty, solid gameplay and unlockable bonuses, but criticized the vague, short storyline and repetition of scenes and objects.
Letters from Nowhere 2 (2011) the sequel to Letters from Nowhere was awarded 3 out of 5 stars by Brandy Shaul of Gamezebo. Brandy marked out the similarity to the first game. Letters from Nowhere 2 is a hidden object game, though it lacks overall variety.
The Island: Castaway (2010) is an adventure/simulation casual game. Bryan Lufkin of Gamezebo awarded The Island: Castaway 4 out of 5 stars, highlighting the detailed graphics, long list of items and extra challenges and overall polished feel. Nevertheless, he criticized the gameplay which "reverts to item delivery" rather than survival simulation, and sub-par voice acting. Game hit TOP-10 in Best App Ever Awards 2012 in "Best Simulation Game for iOs" category.
The Island: Castaway 2 (2011) is an adventure/simulation casual game. David Becker of Gamezebo awarded The Island: Castaway 3,5 out of 5 stars, highlighting the variety of quests, recipes and features, and marked that the production values of The Island: Castaway 2 "deserve the highest praises". Nevertheless, he criticized the gameplay which "might feel too easy for a lot of players".
- Cosmo Lines
- Astro Avenger
- Astro Avenger 2
- World Voyage
- Official Awem Games site
- Official Awem Games Page on Facebook
- Official Awem Games Channel on Youtube
- "About Awem Games". www.awem.com. Retrieved 2015-10-13.
- "Awem Releases Cradle of Empires for IOS Devices". www.newswire.com. Retrieved 2015-10-13.
- "Gamasutra - Press Releases - G5 Updates Letters From Nowhere: A Hidden Object Mystery On iOS Today". gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2015-10-13.
- "CGA Europe East 2007". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Casual Сharts Cradle Of Rome".
- "CGA Europe East 2007". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Cradle of Rome 2 Review". Gamezebo. Dec 3, 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
It's hard to blame Cradle of Rome 2 for sticking close to what made it popular. Sure, they could’ve deviated from the formula but being different just for the sake of being different isn’t good enough. Cradle of Rome 2 offers up the same addicting gameplay we grew to love with the first game, and just gives us more of that to enjoy here.
- "2010 Customer Favorite Awards for Mac". Big Fish Games. Jan 10, 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "2010 Customer Favorites Awards". Big Fish Games. Dec 29, 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "Cradle of Egypt Review". Gamezebo. Oct 25, 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "December 2005 Indie Game Monthly Round-Up". Game Tunnel. January 24, 2006. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Star Defender 3 Review". Gamezebo. Jan 30, 2007. Archived from the original on 22 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- "Star Defender 4 Review". Gamezebo. 21 September 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "Best App Ever Awards 2013". Best App Ever Awards. 2013-05-21. Archived from the original on 21 May 2013.
- "Romance of Rome Review". gamezebo. 13 Oct 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Golden Trails: The New Western Rush Review". gamezebo. 30 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- Carter, Venessa (1 June 2011). "Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy Review". gamezebo. Retrieved 2011-06-28.
- "Letters from Nowhere Review". gamezebo. 8 Oct 2010. Archived from the original on 18 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Letters from Nowhere 2 Review". gamezebo. 8 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-08.
- Lufkin, Bryan (2010-10-01). "The Island: Castaway Review". gamezebo. Archived from the original on 8 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- "Best App Ever Awards 2012". Best App Ever Awards. 2012-03-20. Archived from the original on 20 March 2012.
- Becker, David (2011-11-14). "The Island: Castaway 2 Review". gamezebo. Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 2011-11-14.