|Born||January 24, 1970
|Origin||Rey Avenue, Tehran, Iran|
|Years active||1997 - present|
|Labels||Abbey Road Studio, Irangaam Records, Soroush Multimedia Corporation, Hamavaz Ahang, Avaye Barg, Hozeh Honari Music Center,|
The oldest child of a four-member family in Tehran, His studied the piano under the supervision of Kavous Samandar, Javad Maaroufi and Mostafa Pourtorab. His first concert was in "Aboureihan-e Birooni" Hall in Shahid Beheshti University at age 16. Since then he had several concerts worldwide.
He began his career as a Pop singer in March 1997 (Norouz 77) by performing "Eidaneh" in TV. His first album, "Kouch-e Asheghaneh", published in 1999, with the hit single "Ghodsiane Aseman" made him one of the most popular singers of the new generation of pop singers after the Islamic Revolution.
He continued his career with Foad Hejazi as his co-worker and band director. He published four more albums with Foad and toured many cities in Iran with him.
In 2006, Assar started a new genre of Persian pop in collaboration with renowned conductor, Shahrdad Rohani and London Symphony Orchestra. "Open Secret" comprises seven pieces inspired by poetries from Ahmad Shamlou, Mohammad Reza Shafiei-Kadkani, Afshin Yadollahi, Shahkar Bineshpajuh, and Afshin Moqaddam. The work was recorded in Abbey Road Studio.
After that Album, Assar published two more albums, "Mohtaseb" and "Bazi Avaz Shodeh".
- Kooch-e Asheghaneh (Loving Migration), 1999 Pezhvak Studio
- Hal-e Mane-e Bi To, 2001 Studio Echo
- Eshgh-e-Elahi (Agape), 2003 Soroush Multimedia Corporation
- Ey Asheghan, 2005 Studio Saba
- Molay-e-Eshgh, 2007 IranGaam
- Nahan Makon (Open Secret), 2008 Abbey Road Studio
- Bazi ʿAvaz Shodeh (The Game Has Changed), 2011 Hozeh Honari Music Center
- Mohtaseb, 2011 Hozeh Honari Music Center
- Say No (Begu Na), 2015
- Ey Yar Ghalat Kardi!, March 13, 2014
- Derakht Istaade Mimirad, 2015
- Man Ba Toam, 2016