From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Irish band, see Altan (band).
For other uses, see Altan (disambiguation).
|Meaning||1. "red dawn"
|Look up Altan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Altan is a common masculine Turkish given name used also as surname and a Mongolian given name. Altan means "golden" in Mongolian and "red dawn" in Turkic. The related word "Altın" is also Turkish for "golden" and a common Turkish surname.
- Altan Aksoy, a Turkish football player
- Altan Erkekli, a Turkish theatre and film actor
- Altan Erol, a Turkish professional basketball player
- Altan Debter, an early, now lost history of the Mongols
- Altan Khan, a Mongol ruler (1507–1582)
- Altan Khan of the Khotgoid, a succession of rulers of north-western Mongolia in the 17th century
- Altan Öymen, a Turkish journalist, author and former politician
- Altan Telgey, a Mongol earth goddess
- Altan Tobchi, a 17th-century Mongolian chronicle written by Guush Luvsandanzan
- Altan Urag, a Mongolian folk rock band
- Altan Frantz, a sophomore at Allegheny College
- Ahmet Altan (born 1950), Turkish journalist and author
- Çetin Altan (1927-2015), Turkish writer, journalist, and former member of parliament
- Mehmet Altan (born 1953), Turkish economist, columnist and writer
- Francesco Tullio Altan (born 1942), Italian satire and comic book author
- Kaan Altan, a founding member of the Turkish rock band Mavi Sakal
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|
- Гарма Данцаранович Санжеев - The modern Mongolian language (1973), p. 24